Euro, US and JP 2011 YTD Sales

Sure you can. Just pretend you were misunderstood. It happens all the time.
Are you sure they said worldwide?, Im pretty sure whenever MS does their PR they always only talk about the US.
I dont think the wii will outsell the xbox360

Are you sure they said worldwide?, Im pretty sure whenever MS does their PR they always only talk about the US.
I dont think the wii will outsell the xbox360

They DEFINITELY said worldwide there was a pause/hesitation for emphasis when it was mentioned on the occasions it has been mentioned.

According to the Nintendo numbres there's only a difference of 800,000. A $100 price drop would result in massive uptake. You wouldn't need channel stuffing with such a significant price reduction. In fact that difference could possibly even be made up with just a very good marketing campaign.

Er you're right, for some reason I thought the difference was 2+ million. :???:

I still think it was premature to boast about something that isn't guaranteed when you're only half way through the year.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3
We really need to get Don Mattrick some public speaking help, he's no Steve Jobs.

Yeah, can't speak for how well Don performs his role in the company but as a public speaker, he's no Peter Moore. :p

...or Jack Tretton...or Peter Moore.

Eh I don't care for Jack, but Phil Harrison was great. Both Phil and Pete were the best speakers IMO.

OK so it does seem he said worldwide.
I cant see a cut to $99 thats the same price as the playstation 2, and $50 cheaper than the wii

not to mention MS xbox division is still over $6 billion in the red, OK its not going to break even this generation but theyre gonna want to wipe another couple billion off that figure before next gen

Er you're right, for some reason I thought the difference was 2+ million. :???:

I still think it was premature to boast about something that isn't guaranteed when you're only half way through the year.

Yeah, can't speak for how well Don performs his role in the company but as a public speaker, he's no Peter Moore. :p

Eh I don't care for Jack, but Phil Harrison was great. Both Phil and Pete were the best speakers IMO.

I'm on board with the bolded, Phil and Peter are my favorites.

I cant see a cut to $99 thats the same price as the playstation 2, and $50 cheaper than the wii

not to mention MS xbox division is still over $6 billion in the red, OK its not going to break even this generation but theyre gonna want to wipe another couple billion off that figure before next gen

I don't remember where I read it so I could be wrong, but I don't think MS considers the ~$5 billion spent on the Xbox 1 as debt they need to recoup. It was basically it was an investment to get their foot in the door and now that they are here, they basically wrote it off. So I don't think they are $6 billion in the red, if anything they should be in the black by the end of next fiscal year IIRC.

That's PR for you. In the earliest days I recall an MS spokesperson claimed they were going to/aiming to win Japan.

That's PR for you. In the earliest days I recall an MS spokesperson claimed they were going to/aiming to win Japan.

Yeah I know and I understand that it's a necessary evil but sometimes a company acts in a way that I can't roll my eyes back far enough. This was most definitely one of those times. :p

zed said:

This is mental accounting and nobody that does well in business thinks this way.

Whatever you have lost in the past are SUNK COST! The only thing you should care about is whatever you can make in the future!

If a price cut leads ms to believe they get bigger profits (discounted for time obviously) in the future this is what they will do!

I found some new France sales numbers on Neogaf and wanted to post them (cause as always, I love numbers), and sadly this seemed like the best thread in the archives (there was a Euro sales thread long ago, but it seems locked)

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/36870-ventes-consoles-en-france-les-vrais-chiffres-font-mal

June 2013:

Rang Machine Juin 2013 Variation Annuelle

1 - 3DS - 43.009 (+18%)
2 - PS3 - 23.189 (-24%)
3 - Xbox 360 - 13.570 (-40%)
4 - PS Vita - 7.868 (-32%)
5 - PSP - 7.417 (-25%)
6 - Wii - 6.624 (-52%)
7 - Wii U -3.242 (...)

First 6 months of 2013

Rang Machine Année 2013 Total

1 - 3DS - 237.950 - 1.928.838
2 - PS3 - 198.158 - 4.561.277
3 - Xbox 360 - 92.405 - 3.133.692
4 - Wii - 62.470 - 6.161.310
5 - PSP - 46.467 - 3.396.999
6 - Wii U - 38.927 - 149.434
7 - PS Vita - 34.592 - 233.309

YTD UK software sales by platform:

WrEJtIu.png

Thanks Rangers.

Fun stat. One month of 360 OR PS3 sales > YTD sales of WiiU and Vita. Just to emphasize the level of failure these products are.

Thanks Rangers.

Fun stat. One month of 360 OR PS3 sales > YTD sales of WiiU and Vita. Just to emphasize the level of failure these products are.

Not a good comparison, PS360 have been 8 years in the market. Of course nobody denies the commercial failure of both PSV and WiiU.

Not a good comparison, PS360 have been 8 years in the market. Of course nobody denies the commercial failure of both PSV and WiiU.

Actually it's a great comparison. New systems should be selling like hotcakes. Old systems should be selling less now than at launch...

Whatever way you look at the numbers, I just find it fascinating that the PS2 even appears on the chart. It's what now, 15 years old? That's mad.

Back