EA has closed down Visceral Games

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by Jupiter, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Tkumpathenurpahl

Regular Newcomer

The thing is milk, if an EA executive read your entire post, the only thing that would sink in is "AllwaysOnline-OpenWorld-Microtransaction-Only."

milk likes this.
  2. milk

Veteran Regular

"See, it's what all the kids are talking about online!" "Sindy, get me on the phone with those fruits at the indie division, will make 'em gamers buy every next inch of wool on the next Unravel and whatever that crazy Arab at Hazelight is making is gonna be open world and play just like DoTA. And like Fortnite. And like Pokemon Go!"

Tkumpathenurpahl likes this.
  3. Jupiter

Veteran Newcomer

I would have played a good linear Star Wars singleplayer game for a few hours and I would not have touched it again. It would be long forgotten. In a good executed Anthem type of game I can dig in for hundreds of top-class hours and therefore its clear that this type of game is the better one (also for your wallet). Since the release of Battlefront II I play it permanently. Battlefront II is the best Star Wars game ever made (only two maps are bad). Especially the newly added Geonosis is first class. I've never seen anything better in Star Wars since it is pure bombast with excellent gameplay.

I don't care about these lootboxes and micro-transaction (they are even a good idea because of them there are no map DLCs which would split the player community). Unfortunately those lootboxes were abolished in Star Wars Battlefront II and therefore players will get fewer new maps. Those who complained about the lootboxes the most didn't buy the game anyway after they were removed.

milk likes this.