DVD playing @ 1920x1080?

Sorry to stray off topic but what are you upscaling with? I have tried a few programs and none have worked all that well for me...

interesting. media player classic plays DVD as well, and everything I play in it is post-processed by ffdshow (I don't currently have a DVD drive in my PC though so I cannot check)

VLC can do its own post-processing too and plays DVD on its own. (if the ugly interface doesn't stop you. I don't use VLC since I have no use for it)
so why not give it a try, it's another piece of open source software.

Sorry, first time playing DVD's since I reformated so I had to find the CD with the installer for my codecs and such, but it's all set up now.

Thanks for the guide, I don't think I had my software properly configured to use FFDshow, but now it's looking GREAT!!!! I have settled on 1440x960 and like I said it's looking amazing. A little tweaking still, some noise now and then but it's looking alot better on the monitor even, I need to dig out a DVI cable and I'll try it on the TV soon. Thanks for the help...

P.S. I love VLC, it plays everything, I was unaware if even played DVDs to tell the truth though. It's my main video player on my linux partition though, thats probably why, I don't think the linux partition has a DVD decoder... Thanks for the tip though, I'll try it and see if one looks better.

Back