DS Madness! ElektroPlankton

StefanS

meandering Velosoph
Veteran
http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.cfm?action=item&id=6068
The game, which will be released April 7 for a price of 4,800 Yen ($45), is a hardly a game at all. Electroplankton is more accurately described as a digital jukebox. Created by Japanese multimedia artist Toshio Iwai, the "game" shows soothing graphics on the Nintendo DS' dual screens, and plays music to accompany the visual display. There are ten different "digital planktons" in the game that react to the player touching the screen and speaking into the microphone. These plankton will respond to players with their own movements and noises. Electroplankton will also record noises picked up by the microphone and mix them back into the music. Also, an "audience mode" has the game create it's own original music

Official Site
http://electroplankton.com/

Untitled-2copy.jpg

Normal DS screen
Untitled-1copy.jpg

WTF! Could this be the rumored redesign?
Goodlooking game BTW.

Where did you find that picture?

I scanned through the entire site but missed it. =D You should send that to the IGN mailbag and see if they have any idea about it.

.....................why anyone would pay 50 dollars to listen to bad videogame music is beyond me.

Re: Where did you find that picture?

OICAspork said:
I scanned through the entire site but missed it. =D You should send that to the IGN mailbag and see if they have any idea about it.

It's the third button (asonde mitayo; アソンデミタヨ ). Hit one of the portraits ---> shows in-game footage....

hovz said:
.....................why anyone would pay 50 dollars to listen to bad videogame music is beyond me.

I like the idea of interacting "planktons" and environment. Sounds pretty fun to me. Plus, you can mix your own tracks. It also might work with the downloadable content offered for the ds...

EDIT: Music reacts to the stylus movements as well

Interesting & innovative idea, though this will never see american shores. I agree, it is indeed overpriced.

Saw the movie clip. Sounds like random bleeps and bongs and certainly not what I'd call music. Only Tibetan Monks would call that music. From the sounds of it Lumines on the PSP has a better interactive music theme.

Anyone here interested in this after having seen/heard the clips?

Back