Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

Ok thanks I won't. ;)

I will second this, each time I try to play it further I just have to stop. Not a bad game really, but it somehow disconnects me from DA so badly that I stop. I just can't quite put my finger on it all, but this trailer above does not seem to do that. I think it is the different vibe in the art and story (ok combat a bit as well).

Looks great, will wait for user feedback though.

Also it has a release date; 7th of October.

How do you know which version was used?
in several interviews, BioWare always mentioned the PC as the main development platform, they even say they have monster PCs in-house, indicating the very high system requirements the game will command.
AusGamers: Has that posed any problems when developing for the Xbox 360 and PS3 compared to the beefier systems?

Cameron: Yes and no. Yes in that I know it will be a problem and no in that we haven't seen it yet. We make for the PC, and all the guys here have monster PCs, and we know what our budgets are in terms of what sort our memory limits are for different buckets from a development standpoint, and we target them for Gen 4.
http://www.ausgamers.com/features/read/3432915

I saw perhaps a few seconds of possible gameplay there, so not really making any judgements for graphics yet. Does look nice though from the in-engine cutscenes.

Are the expansions for DA: O worth picking up? I only had the digital deluxe on Steam (warden's keep and Shale). Re-installed the game last night with a few mods, but not in a huge hurry to start replaying just yet (I could wait for a steam sale on the Ultimate Edition).

Shale and Warden's Keep are cool. (afaik you don't even have an item box without Warden's Keep. Ah EA, greedy bastards). The rest is pretty much pants.

I hope you kept your promise, just checking if everything is okay.

This is rumoured to be the cover of Dragon Age: Inquisition:

Blw5oBCCIAAllar.jpg

Doesn't get any more by-the-numbers than this artwork. "By the power of Grayskull. I have the power!"

I really liked the striking red and white artworks of the older titles.

Shale and Warden's Keep are cool. (afaik you don't even have an item box without Warden's Keep. Ah EA, greedy bastards). The rest is pretty much pants.

I liked the Witch Hunt because I missed Morrigan in my digital life.

I actually really enjoyed DA2, and of course I loved DA1 from beginning to end.
I played them both on the 360 ( and still have those save files !!)
hopefully they'll have some way to transfer my saves (or at least my choices)
to the ps4.
=/ Wouldn't want to pick this game up day 1 only to find out I won't
be able to use my choices from the previous generation.

I actually really enjoyed DA2, and of course I loved DA1 from beginning to end.
I played them both on the 360 ( and still have those save files !!)
hopefully they'll have some way to transfer my saves (or at least my choices)
to the ps4.
=/ Wouldn't want to pick this game up day 1 only to find out I won't
be able to use my choices from the previous generation.

They're making some program that'll let you create your backstory from the first two games. It's not ready yet though.

https://dragonagekeep.com/en_US/

Within the Dragon Age Keep, you’ll be able to customize a Dragon Age historical world state to your exact specifications drawn from Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II story decisions. These include hero attributes, companion details, quest results, and more. Customize as much or as little as you wish. Then you'll be able to import your saved world state into Dragon Age Inquisition at the start of a new game. For new players, the Keep will serve as a great way to understand the people, places, and events that shaped the world leading up to DAI.

Do we need both saves from DA:O and DA II?
The DA II already asked for the DA:O save, so I wonder if they actually need both or the quest options are maintained in the latest game's save file.

I hate carry over saves; They make me feel like I'm missing out on game content.

It's the best way to ensure you're continuing the same story and universe you molded in the previous games.
It gives me a feeling of accomplishment from playing the previous games, that my previous decisions mattered at least a little bit. I think that's great.

Back