Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

I'm loving this game so far tbh. But that's only because my OCD makes me spend all my time doing epic collect-a-thons for mineral resources that I can use for crafting. It does suck however that basically each character has like 3 individual sets of armour, that just get repainted and renamed as a higher tier set throughout the game.

I miss the days of wRPGs where there was lots of different weapons and armour in a game, that all had their own unique look and feel. I suppose contnt creation being so expensive these days, it's a big issue for Bioware, who don't enjoy the same kinda production cycles that say Bethesda to. Still, I wouldn't mind if they just precedurally generated a crap load of different gear sets, and they just hand-crafted a few rare sets. That would be better than the current setup.

Regardless, I can't say that I'm not enjoying the game. Although I think the UI on PS4 is a bit rubbish, and the quest management system also needs work.

Yeah I made up the blacksmith example for a humorous extreme. But there are castle upgrades that need harvesting flowers. Courtyard, I think?

So.. I'm this uber-important person who sits on a throne and decides the fate of our prisoners, the actions of our spies and diplomats, the movements of my armies, I go into the field with an elite squad to fight demons and close inter-dimensional rifts to save the world, I slay huge and powerful dragons.. and I also have to personally harvest a shit-ton of flowers to upgrade my castle's courtyard, fetch an old worthless ring from a passerby's mother who lives in the other side of the world and personally mine all the ore necessary to upgrade the whole army's equipment (and my jackass companions just look at me standing while I bend over to extract Veridium).
And did I mention that time I spent over an hour herding a bull back inside a farmer's fence?

There are way too many "WTF am I doing?!" moments in the game. And they all feel like unnecessary fillers that make the game artificially longer and boring.

Yeah I made up the blacksmith example for a humorous extreme. But there are castle upgrades that need harvesting flowers. Courtyard, I think?

And you know what that yields? More flowerpots for easier harvesting or herbs (or healing, IIRC, but on both occasions I didn't pick the other one)! This, of course is not critical to the central storyline.

So.. I'm this uber-important person who sits on a throne and decides the fate of our prisoners, the actions of our spies and diplomats, the movements of my armies, I go into the field with an elite squad to fight demons and close inter-dimensional rifts to save the world, I slay huge and powerful dragons.. and I also have to personally harvest a shit-ton of flowers to upgrade my castle's courtyard, fetch an old worthless ring from a passerby's mother who lives in the other side of the world and personally mine all the ore necessary to upgrade the whole army's equipment (and my jackass companions just look at me standing while I bend over to extract Veridium).
And did I mention that time I spent over an hour herding a bull back inside a farmer's fence?
Well, for one, I don't feel that this is particularly out of step with other titles of its ilk. I remarked similar to my wife when she started playing - you're supposedly the saviour of the world, but you're running around doing relatively menial tasks seemingly. But some of that is a problem of expectation - while you, the player, may think you already know what position you should be in, the "Inquisition" at the start of the is not necessarily a faction that is recognised as an authority by other parties in the game world. The point of side questions is to gain both influence and power from helping people out the recognise the Inquisition as a force they should get behind. You need Inquisition "Power" to progress through the game, but there is far more Power available through quests than is needed to complete the story line, so it come down to a question of balance - if you don't want to run around doing every single menial thing, then don't, but there's going to be plenty of players chasing the Power, Influence and XP that will end up doing the majority.

Have been playing on and off since launch, and quite a lot since I let go of Destiny.......well, as exciting the areas are and there are lots of little quests that are interesting too, but the over all story, th emain story is so damn bland !! :( The whole premise is just bland and I don't give a hoot who lives or dies. and that kills everthing ! Kills all the investment I had in the game. I am more interested in saving Red in Transistor than any character in this game.
Even Child of Light keep me more interested than this. The side quest in DA seem more interesting than th emain story. The new areas you unlock are all beautiful and full of capturing forts and then finding hidden quests. one even gave me a super looking armour.

But I cringe hwne I have to get back to the main story. bleh ! Corypheus this, archmage that :rolleyes: ! Celena this, Tevinter that :-/ !
and for all the hoopla about romance, not even a single person in this game comes across as a person. All are bland one-sided fake beings. Can't even imagining romancing any girl here.

Even if Iron Bull and Whats-her-name psycho girl are actually suposed to be the one-sided caricatures, they actually come accross as more mysterious.

I think I am almost done with the game, unless some one here suggests something amazing is awaiting me, storywise. I sacrificed Hawke over Stroud, not that I cared for any of them. Actually, to thikn of it Hawke was more interesting, but I thought like an Inquisitor and saw no use for him. What does the game give me back for my decision, nothing ! :rolleyes:

I stumbled across a DLC pack for this yesterday after noting my achievement progress had decreased. Purchased it on Smartglass and will hopefully play it tonight. Reading up, it seems that XBOX One and PC are getting it first.

Just noticed some of my character icons are coloured gold instead of blue anyone know what this means ?
Ru3WfwU.jpg

friend'ing I think. How far your relationship is with them. Maybe not.

I have no clue.

I feel like I should know, but maybe they have a gold subscription to The Inquisitr news feed.

I deleted the game, the main story is too boring for me. The side missions and areas were fun, but the game made me go back to story missions and they were ...flat.

I deleted the game, the main story is too boring for me. The side missions and areas were fun, but the game made me go back to story missions and they were ...flat.

Same, I kept my disc, but could not force myself to go any further. I can always try again later.

There are way too many "WTF am I doing?!" moments in the game. And they all feel like unnecessary fillers that make the game artificially longer and boring.

An old a@# "In the Soviet Union" joke would be so appropriate here. LOL.

Second star to the right and straight on until boring.

hallway past Josephine's desk

ok,
Ive realised I'm not really liking this game, my god its tedious. It's the loot mechanic loot is absolutely everywhere and picking up plants is
annoying the hell out of me, but the complete-ist in me doesn't like leaving them. And there's a hell of a lot of walking.

Back