Does "stairway Wit" Apply To The Internet?

nintenho

Veteran
Does " stairway wit" apply to conversations you have on the internet, or at least over here?

What "stairway wit" is is a phrase from France that literally means "Spirit of Stairway". It means that moment when you find the answer, but it's too late. Say you're at a party and someone insults you. You have to say something. So under pressure, with everybody watching, you say something lame. But the moment you leave the party As you start down the stairway, then - magic. You come up with the perfect thing you should've said.

_xxx_ said:
With enough training and social interaction, that occurings cease to exist eventually.
I'm talking about how people act when in an a debate. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

joeblow673: Although I do not personally like late-term abortions, charging those who have them with "crimes against humanity" and making them serve out a million-billion year sentence of forced labor in underground fire mines is ridiculous and insane.

freeper1949: Faggot!

(And three months later, freeper1949 will think of how maybe if he called joeblow673 a "Nazi" in stead of merely questioning his sexuality, joeblow673 might have literally keeled over dead from having his argument so thoroughly rebutted.

People in a debate == social interaction. If you had enough debates, you'll eventually learn the way to do it "right", like not trolling and calling people names etc. (without having to think twice)

_xxx_ said:
People in a debate == social interaction. If you had enough debates, you'll eventually learn the way to do it "right", like not trolling and calling people names etc. (without having to think twice)
Oh, I see what you mean.

Back