Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Queens bounty? I guess it's not really new content but new vendor. You still do the same quests as before and you are given different missions for legendaries now.

I think real new content is DLC only.

Seems so. Same old missions just new directives, which is lame. And from the vid I saw the weapons her vendor sells sucks. Seems pointless. Actually I'm not even sure where the Queens wrath stuff is, I assumed I have to be a certain level but i did catch a vendor of her so I'm assuming I can access it.

Tonight I hit on a lucky couple of engrams (although they are not legendary, still have only one legendary weapon/gear), I wasn't even thinking about leveling up anytime soon but it pushed me not only to level 23 but halfway to level 24! A couple upgrades of those new armor later I'm nearing 24 already which I never expected this soon. I was figuring based on my pace, I'd hit maybe 23 this week and 24-25 next. Now it's only Wednesday and I'm almost 24.

Still loving the game despite all the negativity. Perhaps eventually it will run out but I've already gotten tons of gameplay from it even if the fun ends tomorrow. Speaking of, it's funny how sites bashed it in their reviews but now seem to constantly be playing it/putting up videos about it. Has there been any word on this?

I'm happy lone wolfing and trying to level to a high level for now, but eventually it will be somewhat of a problem. I do have some guys to play with but they're on 360 and I'm on One. Well I will figure out something eventually I guess.

I have received a few cool XBL messages from people in game, like "hey follow me here a way up to that cave" or "back up they spawn faster". I dont even know how to randomly message somebody from the game...but it's like people have to go around Bungie's walls.

I do have to agree with some of the complaints here. No matchmaking for heroic strikes and raids just sucks. And no voice chat with matchmaking teammates in strikes? WTF? It's insane. It's like Bungie is purposely trying to cut off community. I hope they realize their stupidity and change it.

Currently I'm focused on gaining more Vanguard Rep. That's my weakest point. I'm barely Vanguard level 1. Also getting the last 2 levels on my cryptarch.

I also think the rewards for strike playlists, or in general, could perhaps use to be a bit higher. 2 Vanguard marks for completing certain strikes??? Two, really? This would encourage people to farm less and strike more.

At my current level, nearing 24, Cryptarch level 6, farming skywatch is still hard to beat for value. Plus I have a bounty for 3 gold tier public events, and it's a good spot to farm public events too. Plus it just gives you a ton of XP which is great for both leveling gear and motes of light.

I'm about the same level as you now Ranger.

I generally play between 21:00-24:00 Eastern time.
Add me! Right now more or less doing the same things as you, trying to level rep, get marks and score random legs.

gamertag: eneverris

Doing the queen missions last night (level 24, epic setting), you had to be really careful about your build and weapons to take down shields. So many of the enemies resisted all types of damage until their shields were down. If you pop an enemy, you'll see their sheild flash. If it's blue, you need arc damage to take it down. If it's purple you need void. If it's red you need fire. We kept getting vex missions, so we needed arc and void. At first I was using my sunsinger build, but the grenades which are normally incredibly powerful were all being resisted until enemy shields were down. Void walker turned out to be the better option. So on the higher settings, you might have a build you like, or a gun you like, and it may not be appropriate for your current mission. Suddenly you have to plan a lot more. I'm expecting the raid and the nightfall missions to be even more so. Learn the enemies, and start to carry different guns. Sometimes a blue will be better than a legendary if it does the right damage type.

That reddit thread actually has tons of good info about the various scaling, end game etc...

It's a little annoying that you scale down to your enemies, I hate, despise that in RPG's. But it's only partial, because your armor+health bar should still be much higher. And you can tell, level 3's on Earth still feel like a threat to me at 23, but only a minor one.

Doing the queen missions last night (level 24, epic setting), you had to be really careful about your build and weapons to take down shields. So many of the enemies resisted all types of damage until their shields were down. If you pop an enemy, you'll see their sheild flash. If it's blue, you need arc damage to take it down. If it's purple you need void. If it's red you need fire. We kept getting vex missions, so we needed arc and void. At first I was using my sunsinger build, but the grenades which are normally incredibly powerful were all being resisted until enemy shields were down. Void walker turned out to be the better option. So on the higher settings, you might have a build you like, or a gun you like, and it may not be appropriate for your current mission. Suddenly you have to plan a lot more. I'm expecting the raid and the nightfall missions to be even more so. Learn the enemies, and start to carry different guns. Sometimes a blue will be better than a legendary if it does the right damage type.

Yeah I had already guessed as much even though I'm not high level enough to have really encountered it. I had noticed for example, on a certain boss my "fire" sniper rifle would do much more damage.

I think it's a good idea to put high level weapons of every damage type in storage. You dont have room to necessarily carry them all (and still pick up lots of loot anyway), but you can go take what you need for certain raids or strikes. I've been kind of confused about this though, because what's "high" damage for me (say, 190 attack rating) may not be as I get further along and find better stuff. So it's kinda tricky, but I've been storing a few things.

@Scott for shards I heard that dismantling legendaries is a more consistent way of getting them.

For that you can VG Mark farm rather quickly doing public events. 4 marks per event, and your first event of the day should grant you 1 ascendent shard or strange coin

This is specifically designed for xbox snap mode apparently, but anyone with a mobile phone can use it.

http://www.destinypublicevents.com/

This is specifically designed for xbox snap mode apparently, but anyone with a mobile phone can use it.

http://www.destinypublicevents.com/

Haha that's crazy...crazy awesome. I can use that to time PE's on skywatch now for my bounty. And yeah, VG mark farming later...

A real nice application of snap mode too. There's times when I see XOne Os morphing into a thing of beauty even if it's not there yet...although I'd probably just look at it on a phone/tablet instead.

I only have one legendary, a heavy machine gun, at level 23 also. I'm assuming it's gonna start picking up soon. Heck I got that one ways back too, maybe level 21, many days ago. And I have no exotics.

I could have sworn I got another legendary yesterday in my cryptarch rewards package but I dont know what happened to it, lost track and now I still only see the one legendary in my stuff. Maybe I had a brain fart somewhere and it wasn't a legendary in the first place.

Edit: just got my first legendary engram drop. It turned out to be an amazing helmet, I think my current helmet is 249 defense and this thing was 412 or something, and of course similar light boost. Far and away the best gear I've ever gotten. And it was for Titan class (I'm hunter). :(

I could go beyond 23 if I would waste my marks on equipment now but I still hold out. Fridays Xur afaik starts to sell legendary stuff. This Queen 3xWalker mission is really annoying. Played it 4 or 5 times and only got one counted though I "thought" i had the final shot at least 3 times.
This game is ridiculous stupid and I really don't understand why I still play it. I know it sucks, it's frustrating as hell and I know I accomplish nothing.

Grinding that last bit of rep is slowing me down a bit now lol. 1500+ rep for VG rnk2. Goodness grah :(. Just need 1 more legendary armor piece to be level 24 and I can start the queens kill orders

I could go beyond 23 if I would waste my marks on equipment now but I still hold out. Fridays Xur afaik starts to sell legendary stuff. This Queen 3xWalker mission is really annoying. Played it 4 or 5 times and only got one counted though I "thought" i had the final shot at least 3 times.
This game is ridiculous stupid and I really don't understand why I still play it. I know it sucks, it's frustrating as hell and I know I accomplish nothing.

I read that if you fight the walker in patrol you'll get the kill as long as you do some damage.

Edit: Nope, that runs out to be wrong. For some reason if everyone stands close together for the final blow, you'll all get the kill.

Grinding that last bit of rep is slowing me down a bit now lol. 1500+ rep for VG rnk2. Goodness grah :(. Just need 1 more legendary armor piece to be level 24 and I can start the queens kill orders

What is the point of the latter? Since you seem at the same point as me, why are you interested in Queens stuff?

To me it seems like just another time consuming rep chain like Vanguard, but i already have plenty to do with my time...at least for now.

Also, where is she? Still dont see her on the reef...I'm 24.

I'm pretty much in your boat, as of now my roadblock is Vanguard rep, I'm not level 2 yet, so i will pound those (Vanguard) bounties. I should have been doing it before. Now I think it will stall me, because if I'm not mistaken only 5 bounties come up per 24 hours, so wont be possible for me to hit rank 2 before a day or two even if I do every bounty possible (well, you could do patrol missions or strikes for a little rep, but it'll be slow).

You pick up the Queen's bounties at the bounty board in the tower. There is a new section of the tower opened with the Queen's vendor. I wouldn't bother grinding to buy her items, but doing the queens bounties to get missions because it's a guaranteed legendary for each one. You can get a full set of armour, plus more. Faster than grinding vanguard rep to buy legendaries with marks.

You pick up the Queen's bounties at the bounty board in the tower. There is a new section of the tower opened with the Queen's vendor. I wouldn't bother grinding to buy her items, but doing the queens bounties to get missions because it's a guaranteed legendary for each one. You can get a full set of armour, plus more. Faster than grinding vanguard rep to buy legendaries with marks.

Thanks! That's the info I'm looking for.

So every Queens bounty mission you get a legendary?

But they're super hard huh...

Thanks! That's the info I'm looking for.

So every Queens bounty mission you get a legendary?

But they're super hard huh...

Difficulty is set to 'Very Hard' @ lvl 24
It's likely highly doable under leveled, with 3 guys or so. I am just below the threshold, might be worth suffering through 1 terribly long mission to get that light rank up to lvl 24 and the rest should be much easier.

The base damage on queens' weapons for blues are pretty high, much higher than what I've found so far, and a worthwhile substitute if you haven't a better primary.

Here is all the reward info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheG...eens_wrath_sept_23rd_oct_6th_info_megathread/

guys,
how did you obtain so many Motes of Light and Strange Coins so quickly?

The prices on Xur are ridiculously high.

At least this sounds good...

Expect changes soon which decrease the efficiency of cave farming and correspondingly increase engram drops from completing activities.

Just when I thought I sorta knew this game, I'm discovering a whole new world on info. Mainly I guess because I had stayed away from GAF and reddit...it feels like I need to do a few hours of homework before even playing the game again! When I though I had my strategy all worked out...

Seems like the Queens Wrath missions may be a faster way of getting legendaries than VG Rep/Mark farming? As Scott Arm said. So I made need to readjust my short term strategy there.

Also

Social
Voice Communication

Our vision for Destiny is that all players, even matchmade players in the Crucible, Strikes, the Tower or public spaces, be able to communicate with one another in a way that promotes positive socialization. Voice communication is the easy answer, but existing voice paradigms, including those in our own Halo games, have not done enough to protect players from abusive griefing from a minority of players.

Destiny's near-term solution will be to allow players to opt-in to voice communication during matchmade activities. Work on this feature was underway at launch and should be rolled out this year in Strikes and the Crucible.

"This year"? That sounds ominously slow paced. I mean even if I continue to play this game like crazy for I dont know, several more weeks and then lose interest, it may be too late.

Back