DD/DTS DVD Output Via Audigy2

Dave Baumann

Gamerscore Wh...
Legend
Can anyone tell me how on earth to enable the digital output on an Audigy 2?

Ideally this is what I would like to get done, but don't know if its possible:

Enable the S/PDIF out such that DVD movies can send their DD/DTS source to my Digital Amp and get full, proper, surround when playing back. I'd also like PCM audio routed through the Digital out to get normal stero playback via the Amp.

On top of that I'd like the standard line leve stereo output still enabled so that I can select between the Amp and line audio without having to faff around with software.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Disable the built-in decoding of DD/DTS material in the drivers and use the SPDIF passthrough option. On my A2 Value, this is found under the Decoder tab in the Creative Audio Console. Make sure your software DVD player is also set to SPDIF passthrough.

Use an inexpensive 1/8" mini-jack to RCA cable to connect the digital output of the A2 to the digital coaxial input of the receiver. The digital output and analog output on the A2 should operate simultaneously.

BTW you often have to go into audio options on your dvd software and select pass thru there as well for it to work (That was the case on my old gametheater XP anyway)...

Back