Currently playing / reading / watching

John Reynolds

Ecce homo
Veteran
Finally got around to installing Elite Force 2 that I grabbed from Circuit City for $10. Decent little shooter, and runs fairly well on newer hardware <g>.

Ordered the entire Malazan series by Steven Erickson from Amazon.ca since Tor won't get the 5th book in paperback published here in the States until 2009. I placed the order last Friday and they arrived yesterday, which is pretty impressive. Shipping should work itself out to be around $15 USD, which really isn't too bad.

The wife and I finished Firefly a few months back and absolutely loved it. Probably the best TV-produced sci-fi ever, IMO. Still trying to get her to watch Band of Brothers with me, but it's too intense for her viewing palate.

Band of brothers slows down after the first couple of episodes, in terms of violence.

While on vacation, I reread George R R Martin's first three, awaiting the 4th that should come out in a week or two.

Movies...just watched School of Rock, which was OK silly fun. I need to get the 4th season of the Simpsons, and the 4th season of Futurama when it comes out.

Other than that, busy at work, mostly fretting about my stock options and how fickle the market is.

Playing: Re-playing Far Cry with the new GT, until the Doom3 freight train crashes in to town.

Reading: Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson and The Good Fight by Ralph Nader depending upon my mood when I head for the subway in the morning.

Watching: Not much. A cool old theater in my neighborhood 2 blocks away (opened in the 20's, hacked to pieces and eventually closed in the late 90's) just reopened so I saw a Bourne Supremacy matinee to check it out. Not too bad of a spy thriller. My friend just let me borrow his DVD's of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Titus, so I plan to watch those soon.

Heh!

I'm in the middle of EF2 also after playing thru EF again and am alternating with RtCW out of a openGL kick.

Reading "The Book of Athyra" by Steven Brust.

Watching the 1.5Gb Centropy telesync of I, Robot with the wife now. :)

Playing: Joint Ops

Watching: All the latest summer flicks (anchorman tonight was hilarious).

Reading: Running on Empty by Pete Peterson and The Secret Treasure of Oak Island By D'Arcy O'connor.

John Reynolds said:
The wife and I finished Firefly a few months back and absolutely loved it. Probably the best TV-produced sci-fi ever, IMO.
Firefly, drooollllllllllllllllllllll. Sigh, i hate fox. I hope every fox executive who had a hand in cancelling this series rots in hell.

by the way there should be a trailer on firefly the movie soon. apperantly it will be shown at the comic book convention in san diego(?). Coming out this year. :) all the actors came back for the movie. :)

Sorry for going OT. I just love firefly. Firefly, i miss you.

epic

planning on reading:
Running On Empty : How The Democratic and Republican Parties Are Bankrupting Our Future and What Americans Can Do About It

epic

zsouthboy said:
Just saw Bourne Supremacy, it rocked hardcore.
I'm glad to hear it, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. I almost read the Bourne books after the first movie, but I didn't want to spoil the movie series for myself. (I like Matt Daemon and think he does a killer job being Bourne! :D )

Playing: Mario Kart Double Dash

Reading: The Great Gatsby (and struggling to see why it is considered a 'classic')

Watching: Cricket - England vs West Indies 1st Test

Doing: Cleaning the bathroom

Listening to: Keane - Hopes and Fears

Not all at once, obviously! :)

Playing: Been busy but played (and almost finished haven't fainted the Mayor yet) Pokemon Collesium

Reading: Accretion Power in Astrophysics, some stuff I can't mention, just finished a few Dennis Wheatley's.

Watching: I don't really watch TV/Movies except music channels (MTV and the like). So lots of semi-naked woman bouncing around ;-)

Listening To: The Streets, A Grand don't come for free. Highly recommanded, probably the best of album of the decade so far.

Doing: Designing and implementing a production game engine with lots of new problems/possibilties. Also doing a course in Astrophysics and another in AI , finishing up things for ShaderX3. Working on some stuff for Torque TSE. And of course writing random post on B3D :)

Generally all at the same time...

Playing: Full Spectrum Warrior, Twin Snaker
Reading: Quicksilver (N. Stephenson), Revelation Space (A. Reynolds), stuff on adjoint flux functions...

Back