Current anti-MS in gaming *spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have studios or smaller exclusive library, the impact could be seen as bigger simply because of relative size.

Yes, proportionally Sony closing a studio or cancelling a game have less impact on the whole ecosystem because they have so many more studios and games in development at any one time. Scalebound's cancellation comes on the heels of Fable Legends being canceled and Lionhead being closed and nothing has sprung up in their place. But it would also be inaccurate to act like the closing of Evolution wasn't controversial. Despite DriveClub's bad launch problems, despite Sony already having a dedicated car game studio, people were still critical of the move considering DC went on to sell pretty well.

Yes, proportionally Sony closing a studio or cancelling a game have less impact on the whole ecosystem because they have so many more studios and games in development at any one time. Scalebound's cancellation comes on the heels of Fable Legends being canceled and Lionhead being closed and nothing has sprung up in their place. But it would also be inaccurate to act like the closing of Evolution wasn't controversial. Despite DriveClub's bad launch problems, despite Sony already having a dedicated car game studio, people were still critical of the move considering DC went on to sell pretty well.
I'm pretty behind on this one, why did they close it even if it sold well? I know that they had issues in the beginning but ended up selling didn't it ?

I'm pretty behind on this one, why did they close it even if it sold well? I know that they had issues in the beginning but ended up selling didn't it ?

Yes 2-3 million at least. Still mad about this one, at least Evo got a nice deal with Codemasters so we'll get to see more from them :)

Its easy to dislike MS and blame things that Sony got a pass on . Sony came into this market buying up exclusives and no one really cares but for MS it was all money hatting and so on. Sony gets exclusive timed DLC and everyone is happy suck that MS and when MS gets exclusive timed content everyone is upset.

I also think we could be on the verge of another MS as the market leader cycle and ms will slowly get good will back . I also think MS is going to have quite a lot of First party / second party titles to show off for xbox scorpio over the next year that are exclusive to MS consoles

I also think we could be on the verge of another MS as the market leader cycle and ms will slowly get good will back . I also think MS is going to have quite a lot of First party / second party titles to show off for xbox scorpio over the next year that are exclusive to MS consoles
MS never was a market leader in the end.
Where will they get first party?

Your over generalizations are disgusting.
sticks and stones

MS never was a market leader in the end.
Where will they get first party?

MS lead for multiple years and went from a 25m console to one over 80m while sony went from a 150m system to an 80m system.

As for first party , they have studios working on titles that aren't announced you will see them soon. They haven't been sitting idle

eastman - MS never lead the market, Sony always had more active consoles on the market than MS.
Even at the height of 360, there were more ps2/ps3 active consoles than xbox/360.

As for first party - are you sure it's not just wishfull thinking from your part?

MS does not need to be market leader to be a good gaming choice.

MS lead for multiple years and went from a 25m console to one over 80m while sony went from a 150m system to an 80m system.

As for first party , they have studios working on titles that aren't announced you will see them soon. They haven't been sitting idle
Oh, look, the disgusting US=WW mentality again. Newsflash, the 360 only dominated the PS3 in the US, UK and possibly a few others. Everywhere else, the PS3 was leading. It only seemed like the 360 was outselling the PS3 worldwide because the former came out a year earlier. Judging from your posts, though, you don't seem interested in a debate.

Its easy to dislike MS and blame things that Sony got a pass on . Sony came into this market buying up exclusives and no one really cares but for MS it was all money hatting and so on. Sony gets exclusive timed DLC and everyone is happy suck that MS and when MS gets exclusive timed content everyone is upset.
Really, what exclusives did Sony buy that were initially multiplatform? What? Street Fighter V for which we know nothing about the deal? People weren't complaining about Tomb Raider being a timed exclusive as much as not clearing up if it was timed or permanent exclusive. And really dont tell me there aren't people complaining on either platform for missing a game or having to wait.

Complaints about exclusive DLC were mostly during the beginning of the previous generation which was a new thing. Now people just got used to it and they dont complain anymore. Also lets not forget that the PS has such a huge userbase now that people complaining are the minority.

These days it is XBOX gamers complaining to MS for making them feel neglected or complaining about Sony for winning this generation with a huge gap of sales, quality and content.

Not sure of the use of this thread. Seems like everyone's going to rehash a dozen fanboy arguments already had at the time. Apparently going back to last gen too.

Yeah thanks to Sony delaying their console for a year in the US and almost 1 and a half year in Europe and for launching at considerably higher price. Not to mention all the other missteps.
And yet Sony managed to reduce the gap so much that excluding the UK and the US it was selling better everywhere else and got half of the market share.
MS was never a market leader and a huge portion of its success was due to Sony handing over a portion of its pie, not for being such an awesomely better product.
I owned both consoles, and the exclusive games on the console has never been as interesting as Sony's.
Secret projects: the new secret sauce

See?! Arguing who was the market leader has nothing to do with the topic. It's just pure schoolyard fanboy bickering. Not sure if I should allow the freedom of speech for those who want to carry on like this, or close the thread as unsuited for B3D.
I feel offended. I only came in here to refute someone spouting fanboy nonsense with actual facts. :p

See?! Arguing who was the market leader has nothing to do with the topic. It's just pure schoolyard fanboy bickering. Not sure if I should allow the freedom of speech for those who want to carry on like this, or close the thread as unsuited for B3D.
It does imply related arguments though. What I get from his message is that MS was the game changer in the industry, only to be ruined by Sony's tactics for which MS is blamed.

It goes into trash territory. I don't think there is a trend against Microsoft currently when you do some error like Sony last gen and Microsoft current generation you paid it. Sony last gen and Microsoft current generation improve their product.

After exclusive library is a subjective subject a Gears of War, Forza and Halo player has no interest in PS4 library of games..

Last edited:
It does imply related arguments though. What I get from his message is that MS was the game changer in the industry, only to be ruined by Sony's tactics for which MS is blamed.
The topic, a valid one, is if the gaming media has an anti-MS bias, for which someone at this point should be presenting evidence and examples (I think the OP actualy retracted that view and said it more of public comments and forums). It's very easy to make arguments, "people say, everyone thinks," etc., but that's schoolyard-level discussion without valid numbers or references. A meaningful debate needs points that can be proven/disproven. Otherwise it's just a place for people to post unsubstantiated opinion which ends up as bickering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back