Current anti-MS in gaming *spawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, my bad. I meant it in a literal word by word meaning and not contextual.

Well, obviously that's true. Every individual has a bias and individuals are writing articles. Contextually though, I think the original poster was saying overall there is an anti-MS bias and I'm looking for that. I've seen a lot of positive press for Scorpio the last ~six months. There was initially a lot of negative press but that was years ago.

I feel it's not so much bias, but more the lack of positive news for the XBox One recently. I mean, social media and gaming forums are all about Nioh, Nier Automata, Horizon and Zelda in the past few months. Hard to blame anyone but Microsoft themselves, to be honest. I mean, they did release Halo Wars 2, but yeah, we all know how that went, was never going to be big in the first place.
I agree

I remember in a discussion when we noted the lack of AAA big games on the One, someone brought up Halo Wars 2 and some other games as a counter argument. I think it was eastmen again and we argued that such tittles are nowhere as big as whats coming on competition and no where what the XBOX owner wants in order to perceive as a significant improvement of the exclusive library. We were right.
It is not even a missed gem. It is not the system seller, and it is no where the big budget technological and gameplay showcase the fans would expect. It is a strategy game. The genre itself is limiting no matter how perfect it may be as a strategy game.

The console needs a big game more akin to Horizon or Gears or Uncharted etc. Its the kind of games the core fans are buying consoles for.

In XBOX One's official facebook fanpage owners are complaining about lack of content and news on the XBOX One. I am searching for XBOX One news to post on my own gaming fanpage and there is nothing interesting. Not even by MS themselves. To be honest interesting news are lacking for both consoles. It is just that XBOX One fares even worse. There is literally almost nothing new for it in terms of exclusive game content.

People were hoping for Scalebound. Of course it would leave a sour taste since there is barely anything else announced. Xbox owners themselves expressed their disappointment more than any media.

If there is something new and positive the media will grasp it and post it. There are no negative bias by the media. It is mostly lack of any interesting news.

Also something I d like to add about Sony supposedly buying off exclusives. The only ex-multiplatform game that went exclusive to Sony I can think of is SFV and we dont know if it was a buy off. The XBOX One did get exclusive deals as well. Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall 1 and Dead Rising are good examples. But it is simply difficult to secure exclusives when the console is underperforming.

If eastmen was referring to final Fantasy 7 and Shenmue 3, these games were never announced before Sony approached the developers and asked for these games. They didnt "steal" any multiplatform games and most likely these would never have existed without Sony's involvement. Sony knew gamers were wishing for these titles and they thought "lets help make it happen and benefit from it". As for Death Stranding, Sony provided all the assistance that Kojima needed to create the project he was hoping for. And to be honest the latter is a great example of Sony helping out in the industry and benefiting from it instead of simply taking over games with hostility. .

You can see how tightly wound and fragile the sony fans ego is , come in and say something and they all go off like chickens without a head.

For those responding to my exclusive comment I am talking about the original playstation btw .
LOL, is this bullshit allowed here? Would have netted a permaban on GAF quickly. Anyway, you obviously have no interest in debating whatsoever and instead just want everyone to bow to our new Microsoft overlords and it's divine ruler, Phil Spencer, so get a life, I guess?

Because GAF is part of the SDF?
GAF was very hard on Sony during much of the 360 PS3 era. Things change. Was it anti Sony bias 2006 thru 2011/2012 with the media, GAF and consumers or was Sony on defense and forced to rebuild brand loyalty due to arrogant decisions made early that generation?

^^^^^^^^

PROOF OF ANTI-SONY BIAS!!!!
Eastmannon said in July 'we are the home of async compute'.

In all seriousness, we've seen both Sony and Microsoft on the outs in large measure due to their own decisions and we've seen both respond well to that feedback and fix things.

A very good argument could be made saying the feedback was the first step in addressing the wrongs and to that end it's actually beneficial.

Last edited:
We silent majority still fail to see how "feedback", destroying benefits (especially long term) for short term "gains", is beneficial in any capacity other than <redacted, because myopia from the same contingent still reigns>. Is roll on still a thing? Roll on double standards.

GAF was very hard on Sony during much of the 360 PS3 era. Things change. Was it anti Sony bias 2006 thru 2011/2012 with the media, GAF and consumers or was Sony on defense and forced to rebuild brand loyalty due to arrogant decisions made early that generation?

By much of the 360/ps3 era you mean by the time everyone knew the 360 was the better machine a few years into launch? Because the first year of the 360 was all xbox 1 1/2 and then it was another year of cell being amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back