Cs2 bundled with X800

volt said:
Stryyder said:
thop said:
Unlikely that CS2 will be a huge success anyway.

Are you smoking Crack?? ;)

If 25% of the people playings CS buys CS2 it will be successful.

Just a note, Valve has been working on CS since 1.5 (IIRC) and since then the game became total crap -- so was CSCZ. It was all nice and dandy when the guys behind CS worked alone :)

what are you talking about? valve has obviously been working on cs since before the 1.0 retiall version and all the way back when they hired barking dog to work on v5.2. personaly, i think cs and cz have only gotten better with the recent changes.

I was hardcore into CS back in 1.1/2/3 beta. That's when the game was actually fun and had a whole lot less hackers.

Reports are the X800 cards are currently shipping with a HL2 Voucher according to some people that claimed they got one at Rage3d

Valve demoed CS running on the Source engine today. They made it sound like it came free with HL2. So maybe this is not an exaggeration. You get a HL2 voucher, which just HAPPENS to be good for the multiplayer - which is CS.

This also makes sense when you think about the fact that there will be 2 versions of HL2 one with just the basic single player and one with multiplayer + other goodies whatever they are. I think this may be the version that also includes HL1 redone on the Source engine.

Wonder which game the voucher the 9800xt's came with is good for?

P.S. It's not CS2. Gabe said so. It's just CS1 on Source. It's Called Counter Strike: Source or something like that. (Im sure the flamers will have plenty to say about that.)

Guys, don't get CS2 confused with Counter Strike Source. CSS is just CS ported over to the Source engine. Valve is doing this for HL1 and all the expansions as well. Neither CS2 nor CSS will be HL2's multiplayer aspect. It will be similar to the original's multiplayer.

I think the confusing line was from the first movie, where Gabe said something to the effect of "combining the world's most popular multiplayer with the best engine" which made it sound like this was going to be their HL2 solution.

Myself, I'm expecting HL2 multiplayer to be something like HL1's deathmatch, but with all the new stuff.

Since there's supposedly 3 SKUs in the works, SP, HL2SP+MP, and an HL2 Collector's Pack, I'm wondering which one the "full copy of HL2" that ATI cards come with get. I'd bet on the SP-only mode, but SP+MP is what I would consider full. Who knows how marketing would spin it.

I'm pretty sure either ATi or Valve has said that the HL2 voucher was good for SP+MP HL2, the "full" version.

Miksu said:
T2k said:
Yeah but for example I never played CS through GaySpy - why should I do it? Instead of Steam?
No, thanks.

I would guess that the numbers aren't based on GameSpy's users. They easily could have a bot which scans all the known servers from time to time.

5K alone for BF? Are you kidding. Those Gamespy numbers are useless for some games. Impressive CS tally though. Isn't counterstrike a free mod? Maybe that's why it's so popular. Like someone mentioned before, maybe that's the reason for a lot of the lingering CS interest - being cheap :LOL:

CS, according to steam, is played daily by about 75,000 people. 50,000 in the wee hours, and 100,000 at peak. This doesn't take in the number of people that do not play on steam. But, I think valve said that CS2 can be really scaled back until it looked like CS1 graphics, which means the game should be playable on a board range of computers.

Back