Crytek are going to announce a huge license deal. Maybe it will reinstate the studio.

There was that rumor floating around about Sony bringing back a franchise from the PS2 era. And I know it's a bit of a stretch in fantasy speculation but for the love of everything good in the world please let it be Timesplitters 4!

When Repi was hyping up Mantle, he mentioned that EA has around 15 active Frostbite projects across many of its studios, and that all will get mantle support because it was built-in into Frostbite. I guess now, DX12 will jump into the place of Mantle.

edit-
Frostbite-3-Games.jpg

Last edited:
When Repi was hyping up Mantle, he mentioned that EA has around 15 active Frostbite projects across many of its studios, and that all will get mantle support because it was built-in into Frostbite. I guess now, DX12 will jump into the place of Mantle.
Where did that picture come from?
I wonder if EA is really going to make a Command&Conquer title soon.
Most of the former Westwood staff (C&C up to Red Alert 2) disbanded from EA over 10 years ago, and joined Petroglyph who just recently released Grey Goo.
Then, EA got rid of Danger Close, the studio who made Generals, C&C3 and Red Alert 3. They did that after the fiasco that was the always-online, let's-get-rid-of-everything-everyone-used-to-like-about-C&C, C&C4.
And then, EA got rid of the studio that was making a F2P C&C title.

So apart from the IP license, there seems to be little to nothing from C&C at EA.

What about Zenimax? Crytek mostly works for Chris Roberts now right? ;)
Star Citizen is developed/published by Cloud Imperium. AFAIK they have nothing to do with Zenimax.

I did a little digging and that slide appeared in late September 2013. News of the F2P C&C arrived almost exactly one month later, in October. In November, EA stated that someone was still going to do a C&C game.
EA was forced to make that statement because some people started asking for refunds of the C&C Ultimate Collection, which supposedly was going to bring access for the Beta version of the 2013 game.

Where did that picture come from?
I wonder if EA is really going to make a Command&Conquer title soon.
Most of the former Westwood staff (C&C up to Red Alert 2) disbanded from EA over 10 years ago, and joined Petroglyph who just recently released Grey Goo.
Then, EA got rid of Danger Close, the studio who made Generals, C&C3 and Red Alert 3. They did that after the fiasco that was the always-online, let's-get-rid-of-everything-everyone-used-to-like-about-C&C, C&C4.
And then, EA got rid of the studio that was making a F2P C&C title.

So apart from the IP license, there seems to be little to nothing from C&C at EA.

Star Citizen is developed/published by Cloud Imperium. AFAIK they have nothing to do with Zenimax.

Right, I was making two different unrelated thoughts/questions. Sorry I did not split them up.

I thought about Star Citizen and Crytek. I'd assume they came up with some kind of deal or was the licensing cost written in stone? 5% of Star Citizen is ending up a very good deal for Crytek :oops:

I thought about Star Citizen and Crytek. I'd assume they came up with some kind of deal or was the licensing cost written in stone? 5% of Star Citizen is ending up a very good deal for Crytek :oops:

The Star Citizen guys said they paid for the engine in full awhile ago so it didn't matter what happened to crytek.

Reactions: Jwm
I believe this is the first game on PS4 that uses the CryEngine... looks gorgeous too.

Wander
Actually I think it looks rather crappy for a Cryengine title. Everything is static, none of the trees are moving. There's no splashing or wake in the water from the creature interactions.

Actually I think it looks rather crappy for a Cryengine title. Everything is static, none of the trees are moving. There's no splashing or wake in the water from the creature interactions.
Surely they'll add those in before release. I mean we're not talking about AF here.

Oh yes, I did it again!

Back