Crysis 4 [Xbox, PS, Switch?, PC]

My 3090, no 4090, um, maybe 5090 is ready!:yep2:

Lol I am sure it will be on this current gen of consoles so I think even todays card will run it decently . But yea the 50x0 would be my next upgrade so it kinda fits since this wont be out till 2024 according to the nvidia leaks

My 3090, no 4090, um, maybe 5090 is ready!:yep2:

Its time stamped to an interesting statement. Basically, if you release a demanding game, gamers will say its unoptimized. So, they're not pushing too much anymore, then the game becomes "optimized". In the minds of gamers.

When they were doing Crysis 1 R they said:

"Especially for PC gamers, we went all in. All the stuff, textures - it was always the question in development, “Hey Stefan, slowly we [are using] more graphic memory.” I said I don’t care, we give everything to the PC community and I hope you will feel it."

https://www.thegamer.com/crysis-remastered-interview-pc-specs/

But when the game came out, gamers didnt actually want this it seems :D

Its time stamped to an interesting statement. Basically, if you release a demanding game, gamers will say its unoptimized. So, they're not pushing too much anymore, then the game becomes "optimized". In the minds of gamers.

"Especially for PC gamers, we went all in. All the stuff, textures - it was always the question in development, “Hey Stefan, slowly we [are using] more graphic memory.” I said I don’t care, we give everything to the PC community and I hope you will feel it."

I dunno , I think part of Crysis still being relevant is the demands of the original one on hardware

Some gamers don't want it, many of us loved it. Some areas of Crysis weren't optimized too well but the extreme performance demands were accompanied with an end visual experience that looked leagues ahead of anything that was ever produced on that generation of consoles, even over the next 6 or 7 years of their lifetimes.

Some gamers don't want it, many of us loved it. Some areas of Crysis weren't optimized too well but the extreme performance demands were accompanied with an end visual experience that looked leagues ahead of anything that was ever produced on that generation of consoles, even over the next 6 or 7 years of their lifetimes.
Whats the point if people cant enjoy it unless they overinvest to play one game? Sky is always the limit in terms of what you can throw in. You can just as well target a 256GB RAM workstation with dual 3080ti cards and what not if you want and call it state of the art.
The charm is when you can push the envelope with something that is realistically attainable by the consumer.

Whats the point if people cant enjoy it unless they overinvest to play one game? Sky is always the limit in terms of what you can throw in. You can just as well target a 256GB RAM workstation with dual 3080ti cards and what not if you want and call it state of the art.
The charm is when you can push the envelope with something that is realistically attainable by the consumer.
You could lower the graphics to look like a PS360 game and play on PS360 like hardware. Crysis was the last game to scale graphics upwards in a meaningful way IMO. I'd take that over what we have now any day. Better shadows and more accurate reflections for 50-75% cut in framerate.

Because time makes fools of us all Nesh. Sure a game that needs 256 gigs of ram and dual 3080s for max settings might not play well like that today but 5 years from now ? a decade ? There are plenty of games I wish had more graphical settings so that when I went back to them years or decades later I could get a better experience with them

few years ago I would be excited but after very underwhelming remasters I know this studio is now far from being top graphic player, tough still little curious

Giigidy, I am unreasonably excited for this. Like legit.

I bet half of todays gamers dont even know what this game is lol.

I hope it's linear or wide linear like past, not open world....and I hope it's current gen only with maximal gfx and 30 FPS eye candy option at least. I hope every Pc struggles to even run it it's so advanced. But not to where it's 15 FPS like Crysis 360 lol.

This is so cool. I dreamed about this. And yet I dont even really like actually playing Crysis games LOL. This is from my time, 100% I'll mainline this.

The writing was on the wall with all Crytek's activity lately.

With no footage or anything it's got to be 3 yrs away on the downside though, right?

Edit: 2024 eh? 2027 it is, then. I kid, a little :(

Crytek is a small company now. They don’t have the resources to do a graphical showcase. Think more along the lines of Hunt : Showdown.

Reactions: snc
Crytek is a small company now. They don’t have the resources to do a graphical showcase. Think more along the lines of Hunt : Showdown.
I think that is what they want people to expect.... only to blow us away visually again after all these years.

(I hope lol)

Any citations for this like # of employees etc?

Back when I knew more about them there was a lot of shady rumors about them such as they had a military simulator contract for cryengine that kept them in the money regardless of anything to do with games etc etc. Of course who knows the truth, I do also remember them having trouble making payroll iirc? Is Cryengine itself still a money making thing as an engine?

Any citations for this like # of employees etc?

Back when I knew more about them there was a lot of shady rumors about them such as they had a military simulator contract for cryengine that kept them in the money regardless of anything to do with games etc etc. Of course who knows the truth, I do also remember them having trouble making payroll iirc? Is Cryengine itself still a money making thing as an engine?
Google says 250 as of 2021. I haven't seen much use of Cryengine and I'm not sure how profitable it is.

250 seems ok to make something nice if we assume thats the main project etc. I want to say the Coalition is around there or lower for example. And they can already have an engine ready to go....

Unfortunately, CryEngine can't really compete with UE and Unity anymore. It's a good engine as far as engine's go, but they just don't have the money to invest into it that UE and Unity get.

Ever since a generation of younger gamers started crying that if they can't play at Ultra settings on mid-tier hardware, then the game is shite, we've seen most developers that used to push the boundaries of what was possible in game graphics dial back their efforts on pushing real time game graphics in any significant way. Like, WTF, it's ultra for a reason, Ultra is meant for the 1% or less of hardware (or ~2 decades ago, future hardware) that is capable of running it. High was meant for lower tier enthusiast or upper tier performance level hardware while Medium was for your average hardware that was maybe 2-4 years old.

Now, in modern games we have an Ultra setting that is basically the equivalent of Medium/High settings in games from 15-20 years ago. /sigh. No wonder I find it hard to get super excited by game graphics anymore. There are no developers out there that seriously pushes cutting edge hardware like they used to.

That said, at least on the Engine side, there's interesting things happening. Nanite in UE5 is seriously impressive and basically does what tessellation hardware was never able to do in games. Hopefully, it sees more traction than tessellation hardware ever got. Advances in lighting are also impressive on the Engine side of things (UE and Unity). However, developers are so afraid of actually pushing cutting edge hardware to see what they can do in games for fear of modern gamers crying that they can't run Ultra on their mid level hardware that no developer actually pushes cutting edge hardware anymore. :(

Regards,
SB

250 seems ok to make something nice if we assume thats the main project etc. I want to say the Coalition is around there or lower for example. And they can already have an engine ready to go....
It's the entire company staff apparently, some of which might not work at all on game development and just manage CryEngine. Coalition may receive help from Microsoft and other studios since they have a specific UE branch they all share and contribute too. I think I recall Playground Games using the water tech from Sea of Thieves as an example.

Back