Crysis 2 PC edition OT

Can Tessellation by itself be turned off with config files or something? I'd really like to see benchmarks with everything else turned on for DX11 sans Tessellation.

Can Tessellation by itself be turned off with config files or something? I'd really like to see benchmarks with everything else turned on for DX11 sans Tessellation.

Crytek says:
The new Ultra spec enables:
1. Object: Tessellation, Parallax Occlusion Mapping
2. Particles: Shadows, Particle Motion Blur
3. Post Processing: High Quality Motion Blur and DOF
4. Shading: Contact shadows, Realtime Local Reflections
5. Shadows: Realistic Shadows with Variable Penumbra
6. Water: DX11 version of ocean and water volumes
Objects@extreme disables POM, too, so it doesn't answer your question.

Keep 'em coming peeps.

Still waiting for my Q4 2011 upgrade before playing it.

OK!
D2A75B4E1543C7C3587ECDB3A5F33F6A8C0F4E6A

E9368B9E02681B6CDBFB92EDA2692F51A72FBA51

Second play through - exploration :) This shot had 20FPS on my card, but later on I found a spot in garden with lots of trees and brick walls / pavements where my card could produce only 14FPS on ULTRA :devilish:. SI might not be enough, but some driver magic can make a lot of difference!

It feels like 2006 all over again! Crysis once again making high end video cards squeal in pain. :D

Although I suppose the original Crysis can do that just fine still. ;)

Having problems with the suit quick-menu, in that it often won't let me toggle stealth (or armor) when active. I'm also incredibly annoyed that the visor occupies the topmost slot on the quick-menu, even though there is a keybind for it. Often when I'm under fire and try to cloak I'll activate the visor instead (which sucks btw compared to the one in original Crysis...)

Reflections are still terrible by the way, even with these special-sauce DX11 effects. I know now why whatsisname kept harping on and on about them, they're TERRIBLE. Incredibly distracting to SEE one building standing there, and something else entirely reflected in a nearby window, car or whatever. It totally breaks the suspension of disbelief, and frankly looks dumb as shit.

If they can't make proper reflections for whatever reason, performance or whatever, they should just have removed them entirely, it'd been better than this monumental pile of steaming crap.

PC gamers backlash against UT3 for being "crap" (not sure why since I personally though it a great game) probably had an influence on other EPIC games being console exclusive since.

Yeah right, keep believing that. Corporate kowtowers we'll probably call those people "elitists with sense of entitlement" if they didn't want to play their glossy dumbed down games.

The official benchmark that sites are using really doesn't give you a full picture of the DX11 performance of the game especially on Radeons. Some levels are simply abysal in performance because of the tesselation (and the one used in the bench isn't the most intessive one..) and the "AMD Optimized" toggle in the Catalyst panel doesn't help one bit...

Do cast shadows bend/follow/wrap around a displaced/tessellated surface or are they still flat/floating across the original geometry? (i remember seeing this in Crysis 1)

Does this question even make sense? Example pix please. :)

e.g. Post/pole casting shadow on a displaced terrain.

Do cast shadows bend/follow/wrap around a displaced/tessellated surface or are they still flat/floating across the original geometry? (i remember seeing this in Crysis 1)

Does this question even make sense? Example pix please. :)

e.g. Post/pole casting shadow on a displaced terrain.

err there was no tesselation in Crysis 1 ;). But yeah shadows are perfectly casted on the tesselated geometry in C2 (ie they are not flat on the brick wall..)

Some levels are simply abysal in performance because of the tesselation (and the one used in the bench isn't the most intessive one..) and the "AMD Optimized" toggle in the Catalyst panel doesn't help one bit...

Isn't that because AMD Optimized needs a profile for each game, and AMD currently hasn't provided one?

Still hasn't seen any reports about this working on DX10:cry:

Isn't that because AMD Optimized needs a profile for each game, and AMD currently hasn't provided one?

Still hasn't seen any reports about this working on DX10:cry:

Oh, didn't know about this profile thing... can somebody confirm it?

BTW no DX10 AFAIK. There's only CryRenderD3D11.dll and CryRenderD3D9.dll in the game's folder.

Back