Crysis 2 PC edition OT

Some great info in there Neb, might have re-awakened my interest in the game actually.

Points to note are the water quality in Extreme mode using displacement mapping on the PC. Looks waaay better than the console version.

Later on they also show some pics of POM aswell, presumably confirming that will be in place for Extreme mode.

This was pretty interesting:

But which Extreme mode are we talking about here? The current "Extreme" mode on PC (the re-named "Hardcore" mode) doesn't have the water quality seen in the Extreme Spec PC shot in the PDF same for the water propagation and obviously no POM..

Yeah, turing off ingame edge en msaa looks awesome, aliasing kicks in, I tried ssaa but to bad most textures disappeared.

Nebulas config looks great. I upped that shadow res a bit to 2048 and the game seems to run just as fast as before on my 6970 with extremely detailed shadows. It's gonna take a lot more to slow down this monster of a game engine!!!!

Please, PLEASE somebody get this engine working on Crysis 1!!!!

Just beat the game, good fun all the way through. Near the end I found a great spot to show off the broken reflections which have been very disorientating all throughout the game:

Sure that has to be a mistake in the game code?

Just beat the game, good fun all the way through. Near the end I found a great spot to show off the broken reflections which have been very disorientating all throughout the game:

Holy crap! Stalker overhead lights!

The game really looks awesome when turning off all those blurreffects (for me at least) forcing any form of aa through cp/ccc will result in missing textures/lighting (I tried a buch of exes, 3DXA, Fallout3, Bioshock etc). If AMD find a way to override normal (SS)AA I will be really happy.

That tool is great btw!

The game only uses realtime reflections for wet surfaces and the ocean. We were supposed to get proper glossy reflections as a byproduct of their GI method but they don't seem to be activated in the game :/

What are you calling "real time" exactly? Regardless, reflections on wet surfaces, like the street in the Time Square map, behave exactly the same as the floor in the video I posted, the reflections follow you as you walk around. Have you not played the game?

You really seem like the only one bothered by this, honestly. I don't mind it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you calling "real time" exactly? Regardless, reflections on wet surfaces, like the street in the Time Square map, behave exactly the same as the floor in the video I posted, the reflections follow you as you walk around. Have you not played the game?
The reflections are accurate in the Times Square level. I recommend you check it again.

The proper glossy reflections I'm talking about (1:37)

Back