Credit Scores no longer free

Sxotty

Legend
So I was just randomly curious and decided to check my credit score this morning as it has been over a year. Anyway I knew before it was 700 something, but I had a small loan at that time which is gone. So I logged inot the annual credit report site and found to my surprise they now all charge you $7.95 to actually get your score, further Equifax has a horrid layout you cannot print off for the actual report. The other two have a decent layout at least, but you still have to pay to actually get the score, though you could calculate it I imagine.

Anyone know when they changed this to start charging? That is pretty silly and is a classic example of following the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law....

Anyway it cheesed me off a bit.

I believe that your credit report is free, but NOT your credit score. I'll look it up when i get a chance.

edit: Yes, your credit report can be had for free once a year ( I believe that you actually get 3 of them from each company) and you have to pay to get your credit score.

You should get your credit scores from www.myfico.com. That's the official site where all of the credit bureaus (Equifax, Transunion, Experian) submit their information, and where the creditors, mortgage companies, et al get their information from.

You only get a credit report from annualcreditreport.com.

Back