*Confirmed* Original Crysis Bound for *PS360

My question as a potential engine licensee though would be, why is it so hard to optimize? I mean it's been this way thru 2 versions now and even the original devs can't optimize it? What chance do I have?
It's hard because the obviousness of a method and its speed are usually inversely related. :smile:

One of the best games ever made, I hope it becomes backwards compatible on the Xbox One. It is the only game I played using 3D-glasses, and it was quite the experience, save some ghosting at times.

Technologically and graphically it was the benchmark for many years and for what it meant in the industry it is one of the most important games in history.

The music was ok, the story just decent, the lighting was very natural and nice, you could destroy the entire jungle. the feeling of scale was also unprecedented.

I really hope it comes out for the PS4 Neo exclusively for 1080P.

This is probably one of the very few games that really worked hard to produce cutting edge graphics -- at least when it came to the surroundings. For its time, it was a breakthrough that required very powerful GPUs to even run at 30FPS at 1080P. I sure hope they don't ruin it by deciding to downgrade the graphics of the remake by going for checkerboarded 4K.

I really hope it comes out for the PS4 Neo exclusively for 1080P.

This is probably one of the very few games that really worked hard to produce cutting edge graphics -- at least when it came to the surroundings. For its time, it was a breakthrough that required very powerful GPUs to even run at 30FPS at 1080P. I sure hope they don't ruin it by deciding to downgrade the graphics of the remake by going for checkerboarded 4K.
well, not only that, it was the definition of the modern FPS genre, along with Half Life.

It was also fun, varied, and open, and had a challenging but rewarding and memorable final boss fight. Plus, it has some enhancements, console side.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off

Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications."

Plus, it has some enhancements, console side.

Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications."

Yeah Yerli was lying through his teeth when he said that though. Sure they did bring some improvements into the console version from CE3, but on balance, the two versions weren't even comparable:

Too bad they didn't bring that over to PC. Would have been curious to see it at max on CE3.

well, not only that, it was the definition of the modern FPS genre, along with Half Life.

It was also fun, varied, and open, and had a challenging but rewarding and memorable final boss fight. Plus, it has some enhancements, console side.

I remember at the time Crysis (1) was generally widely disliked on message boards, called buggy, derivative, stupid, simple, etc. Now it's looked at (or claimed to be looked at) as some amazing game.

It's just funny how opinions change so blatantly, seems so fake. I was there when everybody hated it, I didn't forget, and I wont forget.

Kind of reminds me of Kobe Bryant in sports. There was a day he was hated, now the same people belove (is that a word?) him. But they cant fool me, I have a long memory.

My opinion, it's good when it's in the jungle/open for the first half, but WAY too buggy and the last half isn't very good. Suit powers were never really handled well in the series.

I wouldn't mind a Scorpio remake, I dont know though, at that level of power I'm not sure the point. The point in the past was always like "wow, this can run on a console!". That'd work still for PS4/(especially)XO, but Scorpio/Neo it's just like, ok, no surprise here. The games themselves aren't worth it really. Sure, I'd like it for curiosities sake though. I booted it up on my 480 recently, maxed all the settings and with MSSA, IIRC it was an easy 60? It also still looks very good, but maybe no longer the very best.

It's weird/sad to me studios like Id, Crytek. Epic, no longer really do Triple A. I would group studios like that together in my mind. All basically gone from triple A/single player/packaged now. Sign of the economics I guess.

Last edited:
It's weird/sad to me studios like Id, Crytek. Epic, no longer really do Triple A. I would group studios like that together in my mind. All basically gone from triple A/single player/packaged now. Sign of the economics I guess.

costs skyrocketed. Now to get out with a decent game you need like 80-100 guys for a few years. Factor in all the accessory costs, and you see the results.

And the game I am thinking about is not AAA, just a good (and very nice) game.

I'm in that group, though I'd call it a game that was not intended to be a tech demo, but ultimately turned out to be one. I've played the demo and was not impressed in the least. Very pretty, nothing of substance, and I can play prettier games that are actually fun(Doom 2016, for instance).

Edit: Rephrased part of a sentence to better reflect the intent.

Yea.I too loved crysis 1. People called it everything they could (maybe because their pcs couldnt run it well) at that time. When i got a new pc later and played it, I loved it. Played it again and again . One could see it ended abruptly and there was more planned for it but what was dwlivered was a good game which rewarded your thinking. Any game that does that instead of walking me feom explosion to explosion gets my love.
People liked Warhead more for the exact reason. It made u walk from explosion to explosion more than Crysis 1. I have replayed Crysis many time and haven't finished Warhead and Crysis 2 because i got bored basically.

Sent from my SM-N920G using Tapatalk

Crysis 2 fell a huge step backwards with the linear level design.

I liked them all. Watching New York rip apart in Crysis 2 and the weird virus stuff was fascinating, and then Crysis 3 was even more wild. I don't think I've beaten any of them more than once though. I rarely do that anymore.

I think virus/alien ravaged major cities is a fully drained theme at this point though.

Last edited:
Didn't mind it personally. The game felt slicker as a whole.

It's horses for courses. I do like linear games but going from Crysis to Crysis 2 really felt like having your wings clipped. It was a weird formulaic shift, particularly for Crytek who brought us the original Far Cry.

Amazon have crysis maximum edition (crysis, warhead, crysis wars) for £7.95 how much is it on consoles and does it include the same as maximum edition ?

Amazon have crysis maximum edition (crysis, warhead, crysis wars) for £7.95 how much is it on consoles and does it include the same as maximum edition ?
$20USD release, but it's been on sale for $5 before (I picked it up then).

It only includes Crysis, not the expansions. Don't remember about the MP. They cut out the flying level I think, but most of it was intact. Updated some of the gameplay mechanics IIRC. More streamlined activation of powers.

Back