Compaq supports Hydravision?

poopypoo

Veteran
Sorry to post about this a second time, but my previous version was really a thread hijack (sorry!), and I can't really believe nobody here uses Hydravision. So here goes!

My stepfather has (at my recommendation) purchased a third monitor for his rig, which currently consists of an X300 pcie card on an Xpress 200 (rs480) motherboard. I was under the impression SurroundView might "just work" for him, but as it hasn't, and I don't have three monitors to test my similar setup (x1800 on Xpress 200) to see how it works. I don't even have CCC installed ^^; so it's not as easy to help him as maybe it should be.

He's plugged the third monitor into the mobo video out, and told me the BIOS says video is "ON" (it's an MSI mobo built for Compaq, which further complicates things), but the third monitor sits there and claims "no signal".

Hydravision seems like a great feature but searching ATi's knowlege base yielded no info, and I haven't stumbled across the right google search terms yet, either. :p I can give my stepfather reasonably complex instructions, as he's a skilled programmer, but can't expect him to diagnose much by himself, since he doesn't seem to have any inkling about hardware that's not 100% plug-n-play.

Back