Civilization VI

Doesn't Mac Steam have the integrated FPS counter option?
Steam > Settings > In-game > In-game FPS counter
Thanks, didn't realise Steam had that feature (hardly play anything on Steam these days).

Is it me or is the game pretty unoptimized? I'm getting 10-15 fps on my 15" rMBP (2.6 Ghz i7, GT 650M) and am only on mediumish settings (shadows, but no AA, or fancy water) granted I'm about 250 turns in but it's only a 6 civ map and the graphics seem fairly simple. And a game coming out today should really have at least some kind of post-process AA option rather than just MSAA. Is the game mainly CPU or GPU limited?

Great game though, last time I played the series was Civ 3 way back, i'm 12 hrs in playing as the Romans on Prince difficulty (where it's very interesting to play if not exactly challenging) and everything is fairly self-explanatory (I especially like how the took out the civ-wide unhappiness that would always be a major PITA in previous titles when you were out conquering), the unstacking of the cities is also a great addition.

Either NVIDIAs latest (DX12) drivers with Game Ready stamp for Civ6 DX12 are broken, Civ6 DX12 is broken, or my game is some other way broken

39B90F65DA1CB453F0A0C72A62724705FBBB5717

Oh ffs, there goes industrial era Germany - game ending bug where the game just crashes on certain turn no matter what you do

I played quite a lot of this when I first got it a couple of weeks ago, but sadly haven't had a lot of time since. Anyway, one small thing I thought was really cool is how strategic resources have changed. Now I factor them into account even more when placing my cities, and because there so much more scarce, if you can secure 2 niter for example, you'll have the other civs eating out of your hand!

First Human Patient to Receive a Neuralink Brain Implant From Elon Musk Used it to Stay Up All Night Without Sleeping to Play Civilization 6

This would be my wife and I. We are actually playing now. We were supposed to stop 2 hours ago. I think we will have another 4 hours of game time tonight.

Funny to think that I didn't like this when it first came out. Tried getting into it twice before it clicked. I'm now on 800hrs + playtime. :oops:

The challenge of the month have been a fun addition in recent times.

I think I'm ready for Civ7 though!

This would be my wife and I. We are actually playing now. We were supposed to stop 2 hours ago. I think we will have another 4 hours of game time tonight.
Wait, are you playing against each other or just kind of playing together? Civ is worse than Monopoly in terms of having to screw over others at some point. lol

Funny to think that I didn't like this when it first came out. Tried getting into it twice before it clicked. I'm now on 800hrs + playtime. :oops:

The challenge of the month have been a fun addition in recent times.

I think I'm ready for Civ7 though!
It's the civ cycle. They introduce a new game that can't complete with a game that was supported for x amount of years. However after a few updates it starts to catch up and over take the old one. I bet civ 7 will be the same.

Don't sleep on Ara either , i'm in the alpha and its really good and made by ex civ people

Wait, are you playing against each other or just kind of playing together? Civ is worse than Monopoly in terms of having to screw over others at some point. lol

Kind of playing together. My memories of playing Civ3 and 4 with the girlfriend involved a lot of cries for help when she was being attacked by her neighbors, and me having to depend on half-truths and plausible deniability for why I couldn't fully rush to her aid, or why I was reluctant to sign any binding defense pacts. The race to complete great wonders was also a point of contention, IIRC.

Kind of playing together. My memories of playing Civ3 and 4 with the girlfriend involved a lot of cries for help when she was being attacked by her neighbors, and me having to depend on half-truths and plausible deniability for why I couldn't fully rush to her aid, or why I was reluctant to sign any binding defense pacts. The race to complete great wonders was also a point of contention, IIRC.
lol

Great Wonder races are indeed one of the best sources of rage. lol It's bad enough against AI...

my wife and I learned our lesson. We are now just on the same team in the game lol . Before that she spent a few nights on the couch after betraying me with giant death robots

Back