Child of Light (UbiArt Engine)

Played an hour so far. Game is lucious as far as art design goes and the level construction feels a *lot* like Rayman (same engine I think). The rhyming dialogue is overly precious, makes me feel like I am eating lavendar cookies with Earl Gray tea instead of playing a video game. It's early on yet but I do hope there is a bit less interruption of control as the game progresses. I can see the box, I can see the lever, I don't need to be hit over the head with constant direction when there is only one choice anyway.

Overall though seems like I'll get my $15 worth out of it.

Cheers

Played an hour so far. Game is lucious as far as art design goes and the level construction feels a *lot* like Rayman (same engine I think). The rhyming dialogue is overly precious, makes me feel like I am eating lavendar cookies with Earl Gray tea instead of playing a video game. It's early on yet but I do hope there is a bit less interruption of control as the game progresses. I can see the box, I can see the lever, I don't need to be hit over the head with constant direction when there is only one choice anyway.

Overall though seems like I'll get my $15 worth out of it.

Cheers
Overtly helpful tutorials are the bane of this gen of gaming. I especially get annoyed if they are in the form of your character's monologues ! Ugh ! I am sure they won't appear after the first intro levels. I hope.

And , yes, I heard about the rhyming dialogues ! I just can't wait for it to appear on our store :p !
How is the feel of the characters, the story, the world ?

Getting some good - not perfect - reviews.

Links please, if u can :) !

Main criticism seems that the game is too easy and monotonous. Seems to be geared to a young audience, and that at least I'll definitely try out, when it gets here that is.

Main criticism seems that the game is too easy and monotonous. Seems to be geared to a young audience, and that at least I'll definitely try out, when it gets here that is.

Played the introduction part before work in the morn. Its so refreshing and the dialogue's in verse make everything seem magical ! Sure is a great start but I have never really played a turn based battle system before, so feel a bit lost there. Want to play more but I don't think I will get time before the weekend now.

I think this game can potentially be very exciting and cool, because it is a terror game, if I am not mistaken. And those are among my favourites, although they keep me very tense.

Played the introduction part before work in the morn. Its so refreshing and the dialogue's in verse make everything seem magical ! Sure is a great start but I have never really played a turn based battle system before, so feel a bit lost there. Want to play more but I don't think I will get time before the weekend now.

It is interesting how you can use the firefly to change the order of the turns, slowing down the creeps. So it is an interesting mix, I don't think I have really seen a system like this that I can remember.

My wife is more into Trials, which shocked me as I thought this would be something she would love. My 9-year old does like, more so than Rayman.

I really like the game so far. Quite nice.
Fighting is interesting, world is fun, graphics are nicely done. Worth the 15Euros imo.

I think this game can potentially be very exciting and cool, because it is a terror game, if I am not mistaken. And those are among my favourites, although they keep me very tense.

Child of Light is a "Terror Game"?

Anyways, I like it a lot as well. If you want a challenge, just play the game on hard. Playing it that way is by no means particularly difficult either, but it's enough to keep you on your toes.

It is interesting how you can use the firefly to change the order of the turns, slowing down the creeps. So it is an interesting mix, I don't think I have really seen a system like this that I can remember.

Yeah, slowing down the biggest enemy or the enemy next in que for attack is very essential and is the strategy I figured out too. My L2 is almost always pressed :p ! Love the turn based battles system, surprisingly, as I usually don't like systems that aren't realtime. But this one is lovely. Lets see what happens when more members join my party, as it would get very hectic, I guess. Right now, I just have tat jester in there.

Loving it ! Love the music !

Well I gave this one a try. For ÂŁ11 you can't go wrong, right? What a great surprise then, to see that I actually love it. Beautiful to look at, the music is just gorgeous, the writing captivating. What a treat, for this price especially. No idea how long it is, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Child of Light is a "Terror Game"?

Anyways, I like it a lot as well. If you want a challenge, just play the game on hard. Playing it that way is by no means particularly difficult either, but it's enough to keep you on your toes.
My bad, you are right. I mistakenly mixed the name up with Daylight, :/ which was released a few days ago.

This IGN review talks wonders about the game. This seems to be a captivating game, and for a big company like Ubisoft releasing this when it looks like an indie game and not a "typical" Ubisoft game, my props to them.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/29/child-of-light-review

Well I gave this one a try. For ÂŁ11 you can't go wrong, right? What a great surprise then, to see that I actually love it. Beautiful to look at, the music is just gorgeous, the writing captivating. What a treat, for this price especially. No idea how long it is, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Seems its long but a bit empty, in terms of variation and the world. But I am also tempted ... Wil very likely get it when its available here.

I didn't realise it's not on Vita, so I only didn't see it in the Vita store. It's in the PS3 store though and cross-buy for PS3 and PS4, so I got it on both now. Will try it out soon.

So I played some of this now, and they might just as well have called it Child of Delight. It's truly wonderful. It's basically a beautiful 2D Final Fantasy like RPG, battles included, but using Rayman Origins/Legends like controls. I wish more games strived for this type of art.

It's also very suitable for remote play on Vita ;)

So I played some of this now, and they might just as well have called it Child of Delight. It's truly wonderful. It's basically a beautiful 2D Final Fantasy like RPG, battles included, but using Rayman Origins/Legends like controls. I wish more games strived for this type of art.

It's also very suitable for remote play on Vita ;)

Yeah, its just fabulous ! I am so surprised I like the battle system so much. I always thought I hated turn based games. Lovely music, art and gameplay !

This beautiful little game has just been confirmed for Vita, out in July, which I think is the perfect platform for it (remote play already worked very well too). Really great news! It is already cross-buy for PS3 and PS4, and apparently the Vita version will be cross-buy too, so that's even better.

This beautiful little game has just been confirmed for Vita, out in July, which I think is the perfect platform for it (remote play already worked very well too). Really great news! It is already cross-buy for PS3 and PS4, and apparently the Vita version will be cross-buy too, so that's even better.
Brilliant. I've been holding off buying this in the hope it would come to Vita where I can lavish attention on it while travelling.

That's great news, I was tempted to buy this on the PS4. But the vita would be a much better platform. Just waiting on border lands 2 now.

Back