Champions of Norrath on PS3

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
I see it's on the BC list, but reports from 1.8 say that only two controllers work. Has anyone got 3/4 player CON running on PS3? And does it work with scaling?

Umm...wrong forum!

I see it's on the BC list, but reports from 1.8 say that only two controllers work. Has anyone got 3/4 player CON running on PS3? And does it work with scaling?

Umm...wrong forum!

Which SKU do you have? The original US or the newer EU/80GB US SKU (ie the EE/GS SKU or the GS only SKU)? Are you referring to the original or the sequel?

I own no SKU yet :cry:. A friend is getting a PS3 eventually, but last we knew CON (and RTA) weren't on the BC list, and as that's what we're playing at the moment, with no interesting coop games for us on PS3 at the mo', upscaled BC would actually be a selling point.

This'd be on the EU PS3.

Resistance isn't a bad coop game, offline. ;)

You can play Super Stardust HD co-op too, and I think also Blast Factor, and Fl0w, Tekken against each other, Virtua Tennis probably offline coop as well, etc. Guess much depends on what you want to see in a coop game. ;)

I think I have a PAL CON lying around, so I can test ... Can't test 4 player though unless a friend with controllers happens to drop by, as I only have 2 controllers. ;)

Resistance isn't a bad coop game, offline. ;)
3 and 4 player..? LBP is the best upcoming title for that. Warhawk covers it too, but not everyone is into that. Fantasy RPG romps are the preferred flavour at the mo', and they're sadly few and far bewteen, with Snowblind's next outing not being announced until next year! We tried MUA on XB360 but it wasn't the same, not least because of the over-the-top lighting making everything so damned hard to see!

Damn, I came into this thread hoping to see a PS3 sequel announced. CON was some of the most fun I had on PS2 and pray they come out with a Champions game for PS3 at some point.

It's not CON in all likelihood, but they're working on something with 'swords and monsters'. And they were actually asking if coop was wanted! :oops: If SB don't give us our cooperative Hack'n'slash, no-one will :cry:

Online coop with voice chat MADE that game for me. Keeping my fingers crossed for more hack'n'slash goodness on PS3.

So far they've been mainly swinging around that Untold Legends series, which does not accumulate much faith in their hack-and-slash prowess.

Of course that wasn't Snowblind, so let's hope when they enter the next gen arena, they come out swinging. There were some issues with the CoN games, but overall the bright spots overcame the downsides.

I'm not sure what' they're up to, but let's hope the reason that the JLH games fared poorly was because they shifted resources to a next generation explosion, rather than the studio itself going south.

Gave it go. Works with 3 players but you have to use controller ports 1, 1B, and 1C. PS3 controller ports 1, 3, and 5 effectively. I would assume 4 players would work as well following the same schema and using 1-D. It seemed to recognize the 4th player's controller when assigned to 1-D. Basically, it acts as if there's a multi-tap connected.

Back