Can you install windows media edition over xp?

quest55720

Regular
I was wondering if you can install windows media edition over an up to date install of windows xp. I would like to use windows media edition so I could stream video over my xbox 360 from the pc. If it would not work to well I guess just have to wait till home brew gets going on the 360 to do it.

I've heard it can be done, but I don't know the details and I'm pretty sure there is no legal way to do it.

Understoodc as I was in the same boat when I converted one of my rigs into a HTPC, but I didn't feel like dealing with priated software so I wound up living with a fresh install.

My guess it is like installing XP over XP without reformatting.
Sometimes I do that and I delete all directories in the documents&settings (otherwise it will create the same new directories IIRC with a # in the begining).
Also you will have to reinstall all aplications/games again.

what point would there be in dual booting ;)
you might try. installing XP over XP, or at least 98 over 98 ended up without change for me (except fixing a big windows fuck up once. and the other time windows had kept its fuck up which had to do with something in the registry..)

I for one don't mind much formatting my windoze if I have to, but it's on a 4GB partition and I have what I need (drivers, mpc, ffdshow etc.) on other partitions. (and I have backup of my bookmarks, cookies, even form history, also settings of my little program launcher).

interesting page to know how much playback of video is crippled :
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/Xbox360/video.html

Back