buy a 5850 or wait ?

If you're really considering an Eyefinity setup, I'd personally wait for a little more horsepower. Granted the 5850 will be good enough in most games, but looking ahead for such massive resolutions + AA maybe a bit more is needed.

If you're really considering an Eyefinity setup, I'd personally wait for a little more horsepower. Granted the 5850 will be good enough in most games, but looking ahead for such massive resolutions + AA maybe a bit more is needed.

this would be an intern card. Most likely till next summer and then I'd give this to my gf who only has room for 1 monitor.

Well, in ~3 months ATI's refresh/hybrid cards should drop so it's a matter of either waiting 3 months and gaming on a 4850 for 3 more months or taking the plunge now and going up to 5850 and enjoying it for the next 3 months.

If the plan is to buy a card next summer when the next product round hits, then I'd probably lean towards the 5850 now.

Tough choice.

Regards,
SB

I'm waiting for the 5850's to find a comfy spot in the $240-ish price range, so that I can use my $50 Dell gift card to get one for sub-$200. And then a bit of crossfire with my existing 5850 shall commence :)

Well, in ~3 months ATI's refresh/hybrid cards should drop so it's a matter of either waiting 3 months and gaming on a 4850 for 3 more months or taking the plunge now and going up to 5850 and enjoying it for the next 3 months.

If the plan is to buy a card next summer when the next product round hits, then I'd probably lean towards the 5850 now.

Tough choice.

Regards,
SB

My gf's pc is dead. She doesn't play many games but is starting to get into them more and more. So i'm building her a 6 core amd set up and figure the 4850 is a good card right now for her.

I figure I can use the 5850 now and when starwars tor comes out it will go right at home in her pc and I will at that time build a brand new set up for me because I will want eyeinfinty with tor.

Now the question is what 5850 haha

Back