Building a PC for my Mum now...

Uhm, where are the buttons? I only see one, where are the other 10? :oops:

Actually, you're seeing none :)

Left and right mouse buttons are just the respective parts of the top being touch-sensitive. The grey nub in the middle is actually a little trackball.

This is one of Apple's more crappy ideas, to be honest. But any ordinary PC mouse works fine with today's Macs, and it will also use all buttons (ie, right click is properties etc).

That Razer mouse is insane. I have a hard enough time utilizing any side buttons whilst gaming, I can use the forward and back button for browsing though since instant reaction and uber precision aren't key there.

Change that pentium dual core E5200 to a pentium dual core E6300

E6300 has a 1066FSB and overclocks better :)

And has SSE4 instruction support :)

That Razer mouse is insane. I have a hard enough time utilizing any side buttons whilst gaming, I can use the forward and back button for browsing though since instant reaction and uber precision aren't key there.

Most of the time my fwd/bck buttons are mapped to jump/crawl that razr mouse is a special mmorpg mouse for simply binding loads of hotkeys to your mouse.

I, for one always want logitech to create a button for my pinky finger, it feels useless now while the rest of his brothers get utilised fully while gaming.

On the PC for me Mum I told her NOT to buy the one I recommended, when she's actually ready to order I will pick her a new one....she's waited too long for that to be a deal. ;)

I, for one always want logitech to create a button for my pinky finger, it feels useless now while the rest of his brothers get utilised fully while gaming.
Dunno, sideways isn't a very natural finger movement ... I think this would be tiring. What's needed is simply a big claw on which all your fingers, except for the thumb, can rest with buttons under each finger.

Back