Browser freezing when viewing B3D

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
I'm getting browser freezes which I've pinned down to B3D. Occasionally it'll freeze on loading a forum or thread for a good 40 seconds, freezing the whole of Firefox or IE in the process. I also twice had a server error trying to post something today which led to an 'email rys@...' message.

Anyone else having issues?

I haven't had any issues with crashes using Firefox. I'm not using the newest version though.

No crashes here, though I have experienced 10+ second delays a week or two ago that basically cleared up since Rys reset the gerbils. Dunno if that's all on B3D or on my Firefox's add-ons.

I've gotten a few "500: internal server errors" since the reset, though.

Edit: BTW, I was able to switch tabs and do other exciting browser-related things while B3D was power-lagging.

Yes, but on my Ipad's Safari. When hitting reload it just sits there. trying to load, but not doing anything.

IE occasionally complains about some javascript taking excessive amounts of time, it only happens on B3D; this might be what you're seeing. Of course, it doesn't tell WHICH adbanner exactly it is that causes this issue... There's usually two on each forum page.

My first guess is some ropey javascript, but I have banner ads blocked. Actually, that was my second guess. My first was something funky by Kaspersky, so I disabled Web security but that didn't fix it.

I did just receive a similar server error trying to access a page, so I guess there is some problem. Generally the site seems a bit slow at the moment.

I just got the internal server error. First time. The site does seem a bit slow to respond at times (loading & posting).

I just the internal server error posting. Now the world will never know my opinions on 2.5D as a solution for 3D rendering.

no great loss, really. ;)

Hmm my Firefox started freezing the last several days, I wonder if it's due to B3D on a tab.

I'm getting browser freezes which I've pinned down to B3D. Occasionally it'll freeze on loading a forum or thread for a good 40 seconds, freezing the whole of Firefox or IE in the process. I also twice had a server error trying to post something today which led to an 'email rys@...' message.

Anyone else having issues?

I've been having this sort of weirdness in Chrome on my new and old PC. Frankly I don't think either PC should have trouble running B3D at max settings.

There's a known issue at the moment where the memory I let the PHP runtime allocate for the forums isn't enough for some pages (not sure why), and causes the internal server errors. I'll probably bump that up a bit when I've got a better handle on what's going on.

Back