Borderlands: The Handsome Collection [PS4, XO]

So, just got home and tried it out for myself. I had 0 BAR and no BAR points and no golden keys. I reuploaded my character from the 360 and redownloaded it, and still nada.

It still doesn't seem to be working for me. :devilish:

Hm.....I am very interested in going back to Borderlands, now that its 60 fps smooth, from what I hear. PS3 framerates were clunky. My characters were on a different account so I guess I get no cookie. Are the characters PSN id bound?

As for The Pre sequel, I read one review which said the performance is very bad for the Pre-sequel, not only does it run at 30 fps but keeps dipping lower all the time. is that true?

Lots of content and I like this IP, I'll be picking up soon. Any news on BL3? They do a really good job with the DLC, core characters and level design. In many ways it's what I'd like Destiny to be. The gameplay is better with Bungee but IMO BL series beats Destiny in many ways., really hoping we get new installment that further expands the RPG elements.

I finished one playthrough of BL2, my friend played it a second time to get higher level or what not. Another did not play at all.
Would we all start at the same level for the Pre-Sequel? I guess it will be a little boring for the new guy, if we get tons of equipment etc.

I finished one playthrough of BL2, my friend played it a second time to get higher level or what not. Another did not play at all.
Would we all start at the same level for the Pre-Sequel? I guess it will be a little boring for the new guy, if we get tons of equipment etc.

TPS is a completely new game, with completely new characters, so you'd all be Lvl-0 to start. You might get some loyalty rewards (keys or BAR if they get those fixed), that would give your characters a slight advantage, but probably nothing noticeable.

Do they have the fluid and cloth simulation from the PC version on Xbox One, PS4?

My understanding is No, but I haven't played yet. It doesn't come with the PhysX splash screen when you launch (I don't think), but it does have an additional splash screen upon boot that isn't on the 360 version although I don't know what sort of middleware that it is.

Any news on BL3?

Nothing that has been confirmed as of yet.

Reactions: JPT
https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/65020860-Badass-Rank-Not-Transferring-From-Previous-Gen

A fix for the BAR's not transferring has now entered their testing phase, hopefully it will be made available soon. No specific word in that update as to the Loyalty Rewards (extra BAR and Gold Keys), but I'm not one who cares too much about the bonuses. I just want my characters with all the stuff they had before.

The fix is going to involve reuploading to the cloud from previous gen and redownloading them again and apparently involves fixes to both processes, so expect updates to both versions of the game on both systems.

It looks like the BAR and customization transfer fix is now live. You have to update your game, re-upload your characters and re-download them, but hurray! It only took two weeks, but better than nothing.

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/65020860-Badass-Rank-Not-Transferring-From-Previous-Gen

Note - this is only for 360/Xb1 users. There's been no official response (to my knowledge) from Gearbox regarding the situation with the PS3/4. Apparently, that one is sporadic and the only fix is "keep trying to upload and download and it will eventually work".

And the missing loyalty rewards (additional BAR, a bunch of golden keys [75??], maybe a unique weapon?) are being worked on, that apparently won't involve updates or a hotfix, so I don't know how that will be rolled out?

https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/entries/64100474-Missing-Loyalty-Rewards

This came out today...

The Pre-Sequel: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205280860-PC-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

Borderlands 2: https://gearboxsoftware.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205280050--PC-Update-Hot-Fix-Information

The updates will be available worldwide on all available platforms (depending on title) on October 29. The updates are scheduled to roll out in the early morning (PST) on Xbox 360 (BL2/BLTPS) and Xbox One (BLTHC) and by early afternoon (PST) on PlayStation 3 (BL2/BLTPS), PlayStation 4 (BLTHC), and Steam (BL2/BLTPS).

Also Important:

This update also addresses Xbox One specific multiplayer connectivity issues.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/comm...ands-2-the-pre-sequel-and-handsome-collection

SOURCE: Reddit

Tommy McClain

I purchased this off PSN the other day and it's actually quite a treat to play. I've been playing it splitscreen with a friend of mine.

Oh its on sale ! I have held out till now, but this is tempting.
I played it quite a bit in Coop on ps3, will the game be fun in SP? cos I don't think any friend has this.

Oh its on sale !

Ouch, I paid full price for that just a couple of days ago. :(

I played it quite a bit in Coop on ps3, will the game be fun in SP?

You can carry over your stats from the PS3 game if you want. I'm still finding it fun in SP.

cos I don't think any friend has this.

Well, if you choose to get it and we're online at the same time, I'll join you. It's also up to four-player local co-op (Goldeneye style).

Ouch, I paid full price for that just a couple of days ago. :(

You can carry over your stats from the PS3 game if you want. I'm still finding it fun in SP.

Well, if you choose to get it and we're online at the same time, I'll join you. It's also up to four-player local co-op (Goldeneye style).
Well my ps3 characters were on a different psn account, so they won't carry, but yea, lets see if I can get some friend to buy it in the sale. The missions in BL2 were much better when done together, they felt designed that way.

Hmmm....no friend is agreeing on getting this. Looks like it will be a solo play if I get it.

How does the ps4 version compare to teh PC version? Is it like Max settings for textures and geometry?

The game sure looks awesome ! I think I have fallen for it, need to get home before the sale ends ! BUt I do have to check if physical copy is cheaper somewhere !

Back