Borderlands: The Handsome Collection [PS4, XO]

$60 for Borderlands 2 and Pre sequel with all DLC and 1080p/60FPS is very very good value IMO. I never finished either Borderlands due to lacking friends to play. I hope some of them pick it up or I can get some people from GAF or B3D to play.

Also it should have been Borderlands 1 and 2

BL1 feels very bland once u have played BL2 with faster supers and stuff. They did right about omitting 1 from the package. If they could bring in 1 with gameplay of 2 in it, then it would rock. It's a good package no doubt for people who liked it.
I don't see myself going back to BL after playing Destiny. The gunplay is just so smooth in Destiny. In fact I grew tired of BL2 because of the gunplay. The overt recoil in guns and the very concept of randomn guns didn't work out for me. Loved the grenades , though and the missions too. It was top notch in terms of missions. Mayne it won't feel clunky at 60 fps. Wonder if they will let us taste a demo.

Feel the exact opposite.

I thought BL2 was fun but nowhere near as well paced as a the original game. Not really sure what this collection brings to the table unless they get rid of between area loading plus all the jankiness (slowdown especially) that was present in the original. It also has to have absolutely solid local split screen with each account actually logged into PSN (unlike the account handling on PS3 version which was more of a hack).

The price also seems unreasonable, should be cheaper.

Cheers

Maybe you didnt actually read things correctly... The price is extremely reasonable considering it includes all of the dlcs. Even going by the last sales prices on x360, the presequal was $30, throw in all the dlc and you're at $45 -$50. Then throw in BL2 and all of its dlc and you're well over $60 of content.

It's a remastered version of a game based on an old version of Unreal Engine that has been out for well over 2 years plus it's DLC. I haven't played the prequel but from everything I have read, it is basically a glorified expansion pack. If it included BL1 then maybe the price would seem more reasonable but with just BL2 + DLC it's an overpriced money grab IMHO. I also have little trust in Gearbox doing a good job on the port as any goodwill they had was burned through ages ago thanks to DNF and Alien Colonial Marines.

I'm looking at it from the fun factor. It's still going to be a lot more fun than other games that cost as much or more like
Destiny or COD
and I want to play it on my current console, not the old-gen console.

The best thing about Borderlands in my opinion was the humor, the story, the humor, the mission/quest design, the humor, the interesting and unique characters, and of course, the humor.

Handsome Jack and Tiny Tina are up there with my favourite characters of all time. It's also a really fun game to play solo or co-op with the addictive RPG/loot elements of Diablo.

BL2 was a PS+ game a while ago, and since it stays in your library *and* I didn't particularly care for it, no excitement from me.

Xbox One version is available for pre-order/download starting today for $59.99 in the US...

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...llection/e964ec04-a2c3-492f-99eb-16e7f61b6869

Launches March 24. Pre-Sequel is 10.24gb & Borderlands 2 is 23.33gb.

Got mine ordered & downloading. Can't wait to try out transferring my Xbox 360 to Xbox One character/save. Hopefully it will be seamless. Need to hurry up & finish BL2 & get to the Pre-Sequel.

Tommy McClain

I do have an urge to play BL2 with people again, didn't finish it. Hope they decide to sell it separately.

On the Xb1, they are bundle only from the Live store. The thing is, I don't think you'll find BL2 with everything the Handsome Jack Collection includes at a cheaper price than the bundle. I have BL2, the Season Pass, and bought the Krieg character DLC for the 360. That means I'm still missing the following from BL2 that is included in the Handsome bundle:
  • The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
  • Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
  • Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
  • T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
  • The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
  • How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
  • Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
  • Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
  • Character Customization Packs
    • Collector's Edition Pack
    • Commando Madness Pack
    • Commando Supremacy Pack
    • Commando Domination Pack
    • Siren Madness Pack
    • Siren Supremacy Pack
    • Siren Domination Pack
    • Gunzerker Madness Pack
    • Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
    • Gunzerker Domination Pack
    • Mechromancer Madness Pack
    • Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
    • Mechromancer Domination Pack
    • Assassin Madness Pack
    • Assassin Supremacy Pack
    • Assassin Domination Pack
    • Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
    • Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
    • Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
    • Psycho Madness Pack
    • Psycho Supremacy Pack
    • Psycho Domination Pack
    • Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
    • Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
    • Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
    • Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
    • Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
    • Psycho Party Pack
    • Siren Learned Warrior Pack
    • Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
    • Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
I don't know what all those things are, a bunch of microtransaction character packs I'm assuming. But it also includes the just-announced Claptastic Voyage DLC for the Pre-Sequel and all sorts of other things. The bundle is really a fantastic deal.

So, no more love for this yet? I know it's not released until the 27th outside of NA. But some waaaaay too early impressions (only of BL2 as I haven't yet ventured into TPS and never bought if for the previous generation):

You can only transfer a single character at a time, so you must upload your character from your PS360 and then go download it from your PS4/1 and then go back and forth. I transferred one character last night, prior to the game unlocking and this morning booted up the Xb1 while getting ready for work and downloaded it. Then, booted up the 360 and uploaded another and repeated the process.

Wow is there a huge difference in initial load times between the two systems. This is to be expected, newer hardware, the 360 is reading a DVD while the Xb1 is reading a USB3.0 7200rpm HDD, but it was still shocking how quickly the game launches on the Xb1 and how annoyingly long it was for the game to load on the 360, check for updates, check for saves, etc.

There is also a remarkable difference in visual quality from the 360 to the Xb1, even only having looked so far at the initial menu and character selection screen. It's a big upgrade. I can't tell you about level loading times or actual game play because that's as far as I got before I headed off to work, but all the user reviews I've been reading say the game is simply beautiful on the newer systems.

On the downside, there's been reports that players' Badass Ranks are disappearing and they are being left with nothing but the additional 5000 points you're supposed to get as a "loyalty bonus" for transferring a previous generation character. So, people are going from 50,000 Badass ranks to just the 5000. (Instead of getting what should be 55,000 total). Of course, if you don't transfer a character and start from fresh you start at 0. However, from reading the Gearbox support forums and the Gearbox response ("We acknowledge this is an issue and are working on it") I can't tell if this is effecting every single player or only some.

The additional Golden Keys you get as a "loyalty bonus" are reported to be working, and Gearbox also tossed out some more SHIFT codes for the users while they work on the BAR problem.

Back