Bio Hazzard 4: Wii Edition

Capeta

Banned
Bio Hazard 4: Wii Edition

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161431

Rumours of Resident Evil 4 coming to Wii kicked off last week when an online retailer listed a Wii version of the game before promptly removing the page.

Now Famitsu magazine has revealed that Capcom is indeed beavering away on a Wii conversion, complete with updated controls.

You will, of course, use the Wii Remote to aim your gun and stab forwards with the knife. The Daily Mail is going to LOVE that.

Currently referred to as Bio Hazzard 4: Wii Edition, the game will also contain all the extras that were added to the PS2 version, including the Ada Wong 'Separate Ways' mini-game mode.

According to EB Games it will be priced at $30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more interested on the other Resi for the Wii.

For me 4 is for the next gen consoles

I just played through RE4 on my PC - 1920x1200 with full AA AF.

Awesome game. But the first few hours I thought, man this game does not look good in HD. The main characters looked great, they must have re done the textures for them. But the environments were usually pretty damn bad looking. But it got the job done. After you got immersed in the game you kind of did not care anymore.

Running into a regenerator for the first time... one of the most memorable moments in gaming carrer!

You could not play the game with a mouse though! Imagine how easy you could blow through that game with mouse aiming.

Bio 4 Wii Edition would be instantly the great visual title on Wii for several months..;)

--
PC Version RE:4 was totally shame.

The lack of lighting affects all atmosphere in game,let PC RE:4 finally become a nothing but boring ACT/Shooting experience.

At a lower price this could be a great release, but I think it is lacking as it should have (even if minor) updates, some new moves and content that could explore the new moves... Basicaly give more reasons to buy the game besides the new controls.

Awesome game. But the first few hours I thought, man this game does not look good in HD.

The game could look great in HD, the problem is they apparently couldn't be bothered to get the lighting working in the PC port so they just released it with basically everything fullbright:

http://forums.ngemu.com/pc-misc-gam...il-4-pc-crappy-conversion-very-good-game.html

I still can't belive they didn't just do a proper build on XNA which would have let them release a quality PC version instead of they crap port they have now, as well as a 360 version that would have sold bucketloads. As it stands it looks lilke we'll have to wait for an emulator to hopefully someday properly play RE4 in HD.

I know RE4wii would just be another port, but if any GC game deserves one it's this one. The over-the-shoulder 3rd person shooting would be ideal w/ the wii-mote. RE4 is easily one of the most tense action packed games I have played in my life and it can be ported through the end of time as far as I'm concerned. Folks are right about the price though, wish they didn't opt to screw folks, but it is worth 50USD for anyone who hasn't played it before.

What's worst, the PC version has screwed up controls, and still runs at 30 fps. During the quick time events, they make press these buttons, but I heard that if you're playing on keyboard, tough luck. They display these numbers for the regular controller, not the keys for keyboard if you don't have a controller. The same deal with Devil May Cry 3 (for the controls).

It would be nice if Capcom made RE4wii run at 60 fps. I heard the game will also build on the PS2 extras. Hopefully, that means still some more extras added onto the game.

Awesome game. But the first few hours I thought, man this game does not look good in HD. The main characters looked great, they must have re done the textures for them. But the environments were usually pretty damn bad looking. But it got the job done. After you got immersed in the game you kind of did not care anymore.

Running into a regenerator for the first time... one of the most memorable moments in gaming carrer!

You could not play the game with a mouse though! Imagine how easy you could blow through that game with mouse aiming.

Wasn't the PC version canceled before release? IE, you have an unfinished beta copy?
Either way, I know a lot of the graphical features aren't enabled by default and the game is overbright, but you can fix it up somewhat by changing cfg settings.

Wonder if the Wii version of RE4 will get a graphical update...

Wonder if the Wii version of RE4 will get a graphical update...

I guess that at least fremerate and full 480p will be there, anyway it would be really nice a few new tricks.

I really would like if they made this game a worth one (besides controls) for those who already have the GC or even the PS2 version.

I guess that at least fremerate and full 480p will be there, anyway it would be really nice a few new tricks.

I really would like if they made this game a worth one (besides controls) for those who already have the GC or even the PS2 version.

Wouldn't it just take some changes to the code?

5 is for 360 and PS3. 4 was for Cube and PS2. This is a "Wiimake" from RE4, including Wiimote controls and the PS2 extras. I hope we get proper widescreen mode this time.

Oops I confused the numbers :oops:

and imagine that I even own 4

There are screen shots here. It looks like they made no graphical improvements at all. It's the same game but with waggle.
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070407/bio4.htm

bio411.jpg

That's disappointing. The least they could have done was increase the texture resolution to properly fill up the extra RAM. Perhaps the framerate is more stable?

Back