Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock

Personally, I'm waiting to pick it up for PC when it's available on its' own (since right now it's coming bundled only with the old, stupid-looking Xplorer guitar) and I can use my current guitars.

Seriously, who DOESN'T think the PC version will get all sorts of hacks and music adds to it? Frets on Fire is fun, but frustrating, but the ability to use a full GHIII...?

Cheating would be of concern in the hacking world, of course, but it's not like I'll be picking it up primarily to play competitively online.

I picked up the game for the 360 with the new wireless guitar. I love the set list my favorite of any of the guitar hero games. My issue is the increased difficulty. I am not that good I do admit my old fingers just don't move fast enough. Atleast in guitar hero 2 I could complete 15 of the songs on hard. I have completed 1 song on hard they raised the difficulty just enough to hose me. Medium is boring after a while and hard is so damn frustrating. I do understand the need to increase the difficulty but they should of added a new difficulty level instead. Something either between medium and hard where either the orange is added or the speed is upped but not both. Or else they could of added another level after expert for those who are gods at the game.

I just hope rock band gets the difficulty right I can live with not completing hard but I would like to be able to finish a set.

I just hope rock band gets the difficulty right I can live with not completing hard but I would like to be able to finish a set.

Rock band medium is too easy compared to Gh3's medium.. I tried hard in only one song.. The speed is close to Gh3's medium with orange button enabled. I guess you may like RBs hard mode. For me, even Gh3's medium is pretty challanging especially after the 6th set of setlist.

I picked up the game for the 360 with the new wireless guitar. I love the set list my favorite of any of the guitar hero games. My issue is the increased difficulty.

I just got the PS3 version, European release is tomorrow officially, but you know how these things go ;) - maybe I should have gotten the 360 version but I didn't feel like having to play in the living room and turn the sound up THAT much. ;) But if it doesn't work out, I might exchange ...

Anyway, my issue so far isn't technical - everything seems to work pretty well so far! But the first boss battle, even on medium! It's just completely unbalanced. I got 80%+ on my first tries on all the songs on medium, but I've tried this six times and barely got close. These boss battles are completely flawed (obviously as was mentioned).

Streetdates seem to be a bit of a mess in Holland. I went to 5 stores today and non of them even had a clue that is was coming out tomorrow while usually they atleast have the game 1 or 2 days in advance. I only found GH2 at one store.

This was at Media Markt, should you be interested. They had a nice pile standing ready. It seemed as if two had already been sold, but I could be mistaken. Price was 89.99, and the guitar so far seems pretty decent. I hate the boss battles though, they are currently making me play the game on Easy in Parallel, just to keep me from getting frustrated on Medium. I'm probably going to use a cheat to just unlock all the songs, and then play them each individually, skipping the boss battles, because I really don't care about them.

I've now finished the game on Easy mode. I'd have liked to play it on a harder level, but I don't really trust my patience for the boss battles. I'll get there eventually, but they were just annoying enough at Easy and actually some of the later songs were still not that easy. I feel sorry for whomever plays Guitar Hero as his first rhythm game!

Occasionally I played a Medium (11 so far) or a Hard song to have some fun. It looks like quite a few songs in Quick Play mode I can finish on Hard mode with a small bit of effort (sometimes first try), and I really enjoy how some of these songs almost feel like real guitar playing :D Black Magic Woman in particular really feels like playing real guitar at some points, and the first time I played it I found my finger moving in a pointless effort to create a tremolo :D

So far, I like. I've also linked my game account online now so other people here can track my progress. ;) ( http://www.guitarhero.com/ and search for Arwin or niwrA)

If you like, post here if you've registered online also so I can check out how you're doing.

lol I didn't even have the game yet and I downloaded the Halo track. First thing I did when I got my copy (thanks mum :love:) was play it....7 times. Me = Halo freak :oops:

I normally play on medium, and I've played GH2 before (at a friend's place), so I'm fairly comfortable with it. I got through the first 5 songs tonight. Being the obsessive compulsive that I can be, I'm trying to do 4 or 5 star ratings. :p

Hard and Expert... I don't think I'll do that unless I "have to" because I like to play to relax, not to compete. I'm not too terrible on Hard, but... I like to hear the song instead of the trash that magically replaces it. :)

I started on Medium too, then quit and started on Easy mode after failing the first boss-battle a couple of times. I tried the boss battle later again and beat it after a few attempts, when I got a bit more used to how they work. They're a matter of luck, and realising that you can save up to three attacks, and then stacking those strategically. They're still annoying and out of balance though, imho.

I lost my Guitar Hero virginity yesterday and I had tons of fun. I'm definately buying this in the near future. I won't be running out of challenge any time soon... That Slayer song on easy was already impossible for me to finish and my failure in that makes me see all those Youtube expert-videos in a totally different light... That's just sick!!

I want the game, but apperantly activision doesnt want to earn money in the netherlands because its impossible to get the game around here. As far as I know there are only 2 chains that actually have to game and at one of them its sold out and the other doesnt have a store near my place.

I want the game, but apperantly activision doesnt want to earn money in the netherlands because its impossible to get the game around here. As far as I know there are only 2 chains that actually have to game and at one of them its sold out and the other doesnt have a store near my place.

Really? I got it from Media Markt ... you don't have any of those near you? Or they have it sold out?

It could be a sign that Activision are in fact earning money in the Netherlands already. ;) I can have a look if our local Media Markt still has any ...

No mediamarkt near me, atleast not within the hour with public transport. I doubt activision is earning money as every shop I visited/called had no clue when they would get GH3. Only Eplaza had it and they sold out imidiatly so they probably got like 3. Even de local gameshops didnt get it yet.

So anyone playing this? I'm looking to expand my guitarhero.com's friend list ... :D It's a nice and unique one too for this forum in the sense that it's cross platform for once, so 360, PS3 and Wii owners (not to mention PC and Mac) can join in on the community fun.

@tongue_of_colicab: tssk. We may be living far away from the Randstad, but the Media Markt is 1km away, and the next one 23km ... ;)

So anyone playing this? I'm looking to expand my guitarhero.com's friend list ... It's a nice and unique one too for this forum in the sense that it's cross platform for once, so 3:D60, PS3 and Wii owners (not to mention PC and Mac) can join in on the community fun.

I am playing here and there ( as much as I could possibly since getting it :p) but I don't have my box connected to the internet all the time.

I am playing here and there ( as much as I could possibly since getting it :p) but I don't have my box connected to the internet all the time.

Have you linked up your guitarhero.com account already though? If so, is it / will it be AlStrong? Then I know where I need to send the friend invite to. ;)

Yup, that'll be my username. Just sent an invite. :)

On another note... my blue button doesn't seem to be functioning properly or 100% of the time. :( Google says I'm not the only one with the problem. :(

Yup, that'll be my username. Just sent an invite. :)

On another note... my blue button doesn't seem to be functioning properly or 100% of the time. :( Google says I'm not the only one with the problem. :(

Hmm, that sucks. :( I've had a sneaking suspicion that my yellow button sometimes seemed to hesitate during a very long note, but most problems seem to be due to me just missing the note ... As I'll get better I'll be able to tell better, but since I've also got a 270 note streak in there, I think the guitar must be fine in general. No obvious flaws.

It seems to be an issue with the new wireless guitar. It's not just restricted to the blue button, which just happens to be my own guitar's issue. What happens is that the game won't recognize that I pushed it or sometimes it will stick. 99% of the time it works just fine, and it was only during two or three song play-throughs that I noticed the problem. I thought maybe it was because the connection between the two pieces was a bit faulty, but the other buttons work just fine (even the orange one). It's kind of twitchy that way.

Hopefully, it can be fixed or go away.

Back