Beyond3D affiliate links for Amazon

Rys

Graphics @ AMD
Veteran
Supporter
All,

I've added functionality to the forums to automatically add an affiliate tag to amazon.co.uk links, such that if a purchase is made on Amazon as a result of visiting the link, Beyond3D gets paid a small slice of the transaction.

Feel very free to strip the tag (b3d-21) from the link if you'd rather your purchase not benefit the site.

Post here or drop me a line privately if you have any questions, queries or objections. If everyone's happy and it works out OK on Amazon UK, I'll probably extend it to Amazon in the US and wider in Europe.

Amazon is a creepy company (plenty reasons, easily googled), but quite useful as well unfortunately, and if it helps the site... *shrug*

Yeah, I'm not their biggest fan. But they're big and popular so the effort:reward ratio is as good as it can be for a scheme like that.

Great. But how does it work on our side? Can we just post the link to, say, a game on Amazon and you'll get £££ every time someone clicks on that and buys it? Or do we need to tag it somehow?

Ta!

There we go. I pasted without the tag and it's automatically added it when I hit Post. So you shouldn't need to do anything else other than click the tagged links and buy using it (if you want!).

There we go. I pasted without the tag and it's automatically added it when I hit Post. So you shouldn't need to do anything else other than click the tagged links and buy using it (if you want!).
I buy all my physical games and pretty much everything else on Amazon. So, would it be unethical to post the link somewhere on here before buying whatever I want? :runaway:

If you want to support the site that way (which is awesome!) then I can give you a bookmark that automatically sets the tag for all of your Amazon UK sessions. If you're OK with that, let me know and I'll PM you a link!

That's great. It's like the smile feature of Amazon but for B3D.

If you're in the UK, bookmarking this link as the one you visit to shop on Amazon
Oh, so it's country-specific then, and not simply all of the E.U., or Europe as a whole?

Can you enable more countries perhaps? :)

I can, it's just a bit more work. Let me know what country you're in and I can maybe prioritise.

The US would be great, but I need to do some paperwork first so I can file taxes there on the income. That'll happen, I just don't know when.

Last edited:
I'll try and do .fr and .de today as the biggest European source of B3D forum folks, and the U.S. and Canada next week (all going well).

Back