Better hosting for a friendly vBulletin based forum?

_xxx_

Banned
Hi guys, my mates at KramerForum.com need a new, faster hosting. Since the guys are not IT pros but just guitar fans running a forum, they're not really sure where to look.

So could anyone recommend a good (but affordable) service?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.websmartcentral.com/

It says Australian web hosting on the front page but only because it's administered in OZ. They have reliable US based hosting as well. I went to school with the owner of the company and have used his hosting service myself. Support service is second to none.

Those bandwidth quotas are a bit .. pathetic. I wouldn't bother with anything less than 30G/month, even with low traffic the deals are good enough not to bother.

I haven't looked at the situation lately, but dreamhost and 1and1 used to be good a while back.

my sister uses Dreamhost and loves them. She switched from Regfly whom have got to have some of the worst, most unreliable servers and customer service i've ever seen....

I don't really like the packages and hosts which only supply 1 database unless you upgrade to an Enterprise solution. You have to mess around so much with table prefixes so you don't taint each thing you want to use a db for.

Back