Best looking water in a console game this generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any examples where water contribute to (some) game play rather than just looking good ?

Good question! In MGS4 it affects your camoflage and in Uncharted there is the up-river level where there is a current running in the opposite direction your going. It is used as a "puzzle element" where you need to fill a room to a certain level with water to reach the next step etc. GTAIV has those water boat chase missions. And you can always drown in it.

Then I guess there are games where it is used as an obstacle (Elefunk, Golf) or as an element in paper-rock-scissors (FFXIII ?).

In all of these games water isn't used very interactively. I think Super Mario Bros 3 uses water to a better effect than most of these games.

Well, and super rub-a-dub is obviously a game where it's a fairly central part of the gameplay.

Any examples where water contribute to (some) game play rather than just looking good ?

In Crysis you can drown the soldiers if you throw them into the water or just hide deep down. I think other games allow it to in someway or another. Water can also sometimes also be used in some games as shortcuts.

In FC2 I expect the water to put out fires and it may contribute to unpleasant gameplay affecting bugs (pure speculation, lol)!.

*sigh* Whomever brought up Crysis needs to learn how to read the thread title. Posts were removed because it was becoming the focus of discussion in a Console forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back