Best Email Client?

Mize said:
Thunderbird:
Ugh. Churns constantly and seems to get lost in its own database tables. Sort by sender does NOT sort by date too. Poor search and no "type first letters of sender or subject to find" as outlook and OE have.
I've never seen Thunderbird churn on my system, except the first time it loads a large folder.

You can sort by sender and by date simply by sorting by date first, then by sender.

Why is the search in Thunderbird poor, anyway? It gets the job done, and is as accessible as any search tool I've ever seen.

After using Outlook for several years, I realized that I had no need for all of the integrated contact management, scheduling, etc. (Like I know people, or plan my time, right.)

First I decided to try Opera's integrated client, which I liked until I realized *no html email*!

After that, I installed thunderbird, and have had no problems with it, other than it crashing when it doesn't know what to do with a MIME type(?), e.g. select some text in AIM and copy it, and attempt to paste it in TB -> crash.

Does the OP want a mail client for POP3, IMAP4, MAPI or whatever?

Does he want contact management, does he plan his time? Does he want to sent meeting requests to his coleagues?

It's makes no sense to even try to answer his question, when you don't have the slightest idea what he wants....

Well, Thunderbird is the only one that never irritated me so far, and does what I want, including newsgroups and other stuff. But none of them are really good, unless you also run and manage your own mail server. That might take care of most of the complaints.

Btw, is there a good (preferrably webmail) client that also does Exchange and/or Lotus Notes appointments and folders, for free? I would love one that did that!

I'm just using the email client in Opera, I dont need more than that personally. So its small, its packaged right into my web browser and its just simple to use. So in my case, its the best email client.

Back