Best dual band n wireless router?!?

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
It will be in the basement. Currently using a D-Link DIR-655 with crappy range on floor above. Looking for something fast and far.

connect your router to a homeplug adater that way you can move it upstairs

Homeplug sucks on my house's wiring (tried it). I actually have a cat5 running to a switch upstairs. Problem is I need the router downstairs and the ap upstairs...

How about one of these :

The Hawking 12 dBi Hi-Gain Wi-Fi Directional Window Antenna offers a convenient solution for strengthening and directing WiFi connection signals. The power rating of WiFi antennas is measured in terms of decibels (dBi).The HA12W Window Antenna boosts the power of standard antennas from a minimal 2dBi to a more potent 12dBi. It is an easy to install solution that plugs directly into an antenna port of your wireless device (router or adapter).* The antenna is built with high grade material ensuring maximum quality and performance. This high performance engineering gives increased wireless distances of up to 2 miles.* An innovative swivelling window mount allows you to aim your antenna directly towards areas lacking Wi-Fi signal coverage. Whether extending the wireless network from one corporate building to another, or simply from the front house to the back house, the Directional Window Antenna provides wireless users with a high powered solution to extend their wireless network. Installation of the antenna is simple and straight forward. It is compatible with most wireless devices (Access Points, Routers, Bridges and Network Adapters) on the market with removable external antennas. The Hawking Antenna comes equipped with N-Type, RP-SMA, RP-TNC connectors to support a wide range of wireless devices, including those from different brands. For those devices that use adapters not included in the packaging, please visit the Hawking Technologies website for a selection of specific connectors for your device

http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-HiGain-Directional-Window-Antenna/dp/B0010Z1V20

edit:
this one seems better 15db instead of 12db and its cheaper
http://www.amazon.com/Hawking-HiGai...B0000DIET2/ref=pd_sim_e_4/189-5934503-1331935

Back