My hot water heater died, I think I got a rapping plumber coming by.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
50 gallon tank gas water heater with forced air exhaust, find it bubbling water out the top and has been for some time. Looks like the cold water in line is the culprit, but it's so corroded I can't tell or get it loose.

Turned off water, gas, and electric to water heater. Drained, cleaned floor. (Just cement, basement is still unfinished and relatively empty/clean.) Got the make/model/serial and researched. Out of warrantee and it was a cheap quality one to begin with. :/

Start calling around for replacements. Most of the big chain stores that do installs want $2,400, local company offered a great heater installed for $1,700 and can do it quick. Like it, liked the guy, waiting on wife's approval.

Posted up looking for local collision repair on Facebook and a friend replied, so I asked him who he recommended for emergency hot water replacement and mentioned who I liked so far. When I posted it FB added a link to the plumber's facebook page, so I checked it out and I was NOT disappointed! :D

EDITED BITS : :D :D

I dare you to wear oversized football jersey, saggy jeans and an inch-thick gold chain around your neck when you open the door for him, blasting suitable music in the background.

Gonna be too busy keeping the dogs locked up and the cats away to play unfortunately.

In other news, I'm relearning how to deal with car insurance after an accident! They towed the Jeep last night and I called the repair shop to discuss it with 'em and they never received it. :|

Waiting on hold with someone else's insurance company trying to find my wife's little Jeep, annoying.

EDITED BITS: FOUND IT! It was in their parking lot, go figure.

Last edited:
Had to call the insurance about a rental car and got in to a nice conversation with the agent. He recently got a 3070 somehow so we got to talking about PCs, it was a very pleasant and relaxing change!

If someone named Austin shows up here please be nice to them, I consider them a new friend. They're interested in learning more about how to improve their PCs performance, so of course I recommended you folks! :love:

Tradesman who don't understand percentages? What could possibly go wrong... :runaway:
He's not just a tradesman he's also his own boss running his own shop so he's a contractor too, and contractors need a bit of cheeseball PR in 'em to sell their services.

It's a fair PR type statement, he did the install great and everything has been working flawlessly since. I got no complaints. :)

EDITED BITS: My dad had a small electrical contractorship when I was growing up. He was a contractor through and through and I get my cheeseball sales side from him. It's also where I learned a lot about pretending to be an electrician, construction, and repair and stuff too so sort of fair trade off. ;)

Last edited:
Back