Basement flooded

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Sigh. Had a horrible morning. Had to come in to work early because the basement of the motel flooded. 2 inches of brown ass water. Ohh the smell. :? Had a very powerful storm roll through and i guess the city's sewer system backed up. Finally got the water out, now i just need ot have the other stuff cleaned up. Double sigh.

Anyone have their home flooded?

epi

OMG, you actually managed to get my genuine sympathy...that sucks.

I've had it happen to me twice. Once when I was about 11 and still living with my Mom, and once here about 7 years ago.

It was a flood for my Mother's house that backed the sewage up, in my basement it was cracked drain tiles that did it.

Nasty, disgusting, hard, repulsive work ahead....you really do have my sympathies. :(

Good luck Epic, I hope it turns out better than expected.

Ugh dude. I don't think anyone can accuse you of not working.

Sympathies indeed. Ugh.

Guden Oden said:
Now you're doing the job of all the other illegals, Epic... ;)
ahh, this is nothing. Ive(family) done worse than this. One time we had a vietnam vet whose family would drop him from motel to motel. He rented the room for something like a week without any service. After 2 or 3 days there was this strange odor coming from the room (a bad omen). Open the door after we knock on it for a long time. Room is just covered in shit. I swear to god, there was hardly any place that shit hadnt been splattered with. Eeeeekk. lol, my mom almost passed out. Weve also found our fair share of dead bodies. and we also had an occurance where a severed head passed through our motel. Mind you it was chopped off else where. Motel life sure can be interesting at times.

epic

epicstruggle said:
Guden Oden said:
Now you're doing the job of all the other illegals, Epic... ;)
ahh, this is nothing. Ive(family) done worse than this. One time we had a vietnam vet whose family would drop him from motel to motel. He rented the room for something like a week without any service. After 2 or 3 days there was this strange odor coming from the room (a bad omen). Open the door after we knock on it for a long time. Room is just covered in shit. I swear to god, there was hardly any place that shit hadnt been splattered with. Eeeeekk. lol, my mom almost passed out.

epic

:LOL: Now that cracked me up, got anymore story's like that? I love potty humor. :LOL:

Back