Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt journalists know anything. Not DF, not some forum member or even the mighty Jason Schreier.

I don't doubt that one will be more powerfull then the other. Probably in Sony's favor but that's a personal guess. Doesn't matter anyway as there's more at play then just raw power. (like TF, RT, SSD speeds etc).

And none of those want to sacrifice loosing their job or position etc for a darn TF number.

Maybe look at the PS4 leaks and final specs, when did we know there what was going to be in it?

Haha you think journalists don't know, you are naive. Someone send photos of a PS5 devkit to Gizmodo. I am sure some journalist have seen part of the the two consoles documentation currently. You have one Codemaster dev brokes his NDA on twitter and he was asked to wipe out his full Twitter account.

Like I said they don't know final specs but they know target specs what Sony and Microsoft target for final specs. Final specs can be behind target specs, the same or above. I never said then they know the final specs

Edit: Lose their job, you think Jason Schreier will give his sources or Kelly Rickard his source. He gave only some non precise indication of next generation power to protect his source. Not precise TFlops, no bandwith, he said he does not know Sony SSD because his friend did not want to say anything. He gave us nothing.

Edit: One piece of plastic if more powerful than the other it can be be Xbox Scarlett or PS5 for the moment no idea because the two consoles have nearly the same performance. And at the end this is not important.

Edit: NDA are broke in all industry. This is was the case for Apple and two engineers lose their job because Apple manager use the same method than Tyrion gives false information to multiple peoples and see what leak.

Here this is information inside documentation.

Last edited:
Then 48CU's, and Ray Tracing on a new architecture that promises more perf per TF seems like a dream yes.

I believe whatever the CU count is, all will be capable of RT acceleration. Some form of compute related RT acceleration. CUs just slightly more enhanced than the current Desktop Navi GPUs CUs.

Haha you think people don't, you are naive.

Yeah, i'm just countering because as long as the specs aren't officially known, were mostly cliningen on 'leaks' which tend to be hard to believe. They could give an indication if you will, but they will be met with discussions :)

Sending a photo of a devkit which probably doesn't resemble even the final design is on a whole different level then sharing specs. All we see then is the casing of a devkit. Even wired described a dev kit running spiderman early 2019.

Like I said they don't know final specs but they know target specs what Sony and Microsoft target for final specs. Final specs can be behind target specs, the same or above. I never said then they know the final specs.

Like said, they are leaks none the less. They could be true but also false. But perhaps your right and they will be ballpark 10TF, with RT and all that. The most important thing is price, a 399 box from Sony is the best thing i believe, with the large install base from PS4 it's almost a guranteed sucess, throw in some decent exclusives in the first year and people will 'upgrade'.

Yeah, i'm just countering because as long as the specs aren't officially known, were mostly cliningen on 'leaks' which tend to be hard to believe. They could give an indication if you will, but they will be met with discussions :)

Sending a photo of a devkit which probably doesn't resemble even the final design is on a whole different level then sharing specs. All we see then is the casing of a devkit. Even wired described a dev kit running spiderman early 2019.

Like said, they are leaks none the less. They could be true but also false. But perhaps your right and they will be ballpark 10TF, with RT and all that. The most important thing is price, a 399 box from Sony is the best thing i believe, with the large install base from PS4 it's almost a guranteed sucess, throw in some decent exclusives in the first year and people will 'upgrade'.

Wired described a devkit hide inside a tower... ;)Not a PS5 devkit. And Jason Schreier does not want to lose his job too when you are journalist you protect your source or you will have no source at all.

And you have thousands or tens thousands developers having access to the devkit documents currently this is not a big secret anymore for trustable people.

I'm not the one that said it was 7nm; you said it. Let me be clear: if we assume the SoC is using 5nm, then a 80CU gpu (section) is possible. Tom Warren's tweet:
This devkit rumour specifies a GPU that doesn't exist (80 CU Arcturus part, designed for HPC and not consumer level). Why assume next-gen consoles will use bleeding edge, in demand 5nm and a large die with huge cost for years while node shrinks become rare on the strength of almost certainly bogus specification?

There's supposed to be a degree of sane plausibility to the discussions in this thread. ;) Wishful thinking should be talked about elsewhere, or backed up with serious, solid, reliable evidence, such as the confirmed existence of an 80 CU Arcturus GPU that could be in a devkit where Arcturus isn't releasing (to the HPC industry, not consumers) until H1 2020.

Wired described a devkit hide inside a tower...

Or it was a earlier devkit :p

And you have thousands developers having access to the devkit documents currently this is not a big secret anymore.

Maybe, i would also think that if 1000's know the specs that it's almost impossible to not have a leak somewhere. We will probably get more concrete info the coming months i guess.I'm personally more interested in the SSD speeds, the RT solutions, and if it's HBM, GDDR6, and what it's all gonna cost us consumers. Higher specs could also mean higher prices that we obviously don't want.

Oh and as important or even more so, what kind of games we are going to get in the first year, very eager to see how games will be, more interactions, assets, the RT, ray traced audio, streaming... with the new CPU what are we getting more etc.

This devkit rumour specifies a GPU that doesn't exist (80 CU Arcturus part, designed for HPC and not consumer level). Why assume next-gen consoles will use bleeding edge, in demand 5nm and a large die with huge cost for years while node shrinks become rare on the strength of almost certainly bogus specification?

There's supposed to be a degree of sane plausibility to the discussions in this thread. ;) Wishful thinking should be talked about elsewhere, or backed up with serious, solid, reliable evidence, such as the confirmed existence of an 80 CU Arcturus GPU that could be in a devkit where Arcturus isn't releasing (to the HPC industry, not consumers) until H1 2020.

I'm pretty sure these spec's are pastebin related bologna or MisterX related nonsense.

It's all about the target specs. I don't think MS had navi devkit (so with RDNA Tflops) during this E3 (contrary to Sony). I don't even think Sony devkits have the target specs (because Klee or the others never mentioned the devkits, only target specs AFAIK).

But there is currently a lead for PS5 (virtual if you want) indicated by the target specs given to all developers (that's from the mouth of either current or ex professional journalists or known and reliable leakers). Nobody knows the final specs obviously. Maybe the target specs given by MS were fake because they knew Sony would know them so they undervalued them in order to prevent Sony to counter them. But maybe Sony did the same. :runaway:

Matt on Era mentioned it's currently like a Poker game between both companies (because both know the others would know the target specs). Anyways based on my own thinkings about all those leaks, I believe Sony target specs are in the 11 tf range and MS are in the 10tf range.

When we were in the pastebin era I read one very short and inconspicuous pastebin with a short mention of specs and 10 < 11 , MS < PS5, something like that with no more info. Very short. I may have read the only true leak ever written on the whole Internet ! :LOL:
Thanks for the clarification on this one. Just going to have to wait on this then. I agree target != final but I still think it's going to come down to clockspeed between the two. If the 2 are that close, the likelihood that they have the same number of CUs is high. Meaning the differentiation is clockspeed.

Wired described a devkit hide inside a tower... ;)Not a PS5 devkit. And Jason Schreier does not want to lose his job too when you are journalist you protect your source or you will have no source at all.

Thing is, I don't trust Schreier. I bet he knows the specs and isn't publishing them because he doesn't want to lose access. Someone like him should have multiple sources at multiple studios where he should be able to have an idea of what is and isn't real. Having multiple source at multiple studios should allow him to obfuscate the source and not reveal. But I think it's more about not angering the platform holder.

Haven't the same individuals Komachi and Apisak (sp?) whom singled out Oberon/Gonzalo as being PS5 APUs, are now the same ones pointing towards "flute" being an Xbox-Next related APU? Any recent leaks about it?

Anyhow, where did this Arcturus stuff even originate from?

Edit: Autocorrect nonsense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back