Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this though lol. OK I'm done posting this crap now.

I know I'm in the minority, as most want them to be identical.
But I'm still holding out for them both to have some interesting tweaks that makes all the difference.
Multi plats won't have any problems developing for both with 90% of the architecture being the same. TF may be what sets the net a flame, but it's secondary to me.
Can't wait to hear about PS5 and more about xbox

I saw the video of xsx loading time. It takes about 9 seconds to load.

If the RAM is 13.5GB for games, then the real world speed is only about 1.5GB/s.

(the spec is 2.4GB/s and 4.8GB/s for compressed)

Does this demo use raw speed or real time decompression?
It's an x1 game so it only uses 9GB RAM for a game, and it still takes 9 sec.

Is the real world speed about 1GB/s, which is half of the spec 2.4GB/s?

Ssd performance tanks with random reads. 2.4 is the sequential read speed. I don’t know how the disc image is laid out or how much content is repeated, so I don’t know what the access pattern is.

While you sleep it transforms into a small robot that terrorizes you in your home.
The clock speed goes so high that the console actually levitates. Because of this Sony installed a super long power cord to get maximum height out of it's consoles levitation. XBSX does not levitate at all therefore it's not very exciting.

I saw the video of xsx loading time. It takes about 9 seconds to load.

If the RAM is 13.5GB for games, then the real world speed is only about 1.5GB/s.

(the spec is 2.4GB/s and 4.8GB/s for compressed)

Does this demo use raw speed or real time decompression?
Remember that in addition to pushing the save state into RAM it also needs to take what is in RAM and write it to the SSD so it can be recalled later.

I don't understand why people are concerned with the amount of hype their preferred brand is creating.... Who cares? As long as you're happy with what the product is offering than it doesn't matter, unless you only plan on buying something because lots of other people like it and are excited about it.
I loved the PS2 hype and those awesome tech demos :(
It was an exciting time to be a young gamer eager to get access to next gen super dubber graphics.....I think I came when I saw TTT and MGS2 for the first time :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back