Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. There is no additionnal DDR4 (for the OS). Maybe they are going to use 20GB instead of 16GB ? Only 13GB (with bandwidth restrictions) for the games could be a bit low in the long term.

Last edited:
That's one sexy looking chip I'l admit. 20GB GDDR6 should give you ample bandwidth for years to come.
And yet another day nothing from Sony...

All we need to know now is density and speed of these chips to have full picture of XSX. If its 14Gbps, I will say I expect PS5 to come with 10-12TF.

Also, since chip size is 380mm2, that means 20CUs and 2x32bit phy less chip like Ariel would be ~315-320mm2.

I see your 12TF and raise you a FIFTEEN TERAFLOP OF DOOM FROM ANOTHER DIMENSION MWAH HA HA HA

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Prepo...B-RAM-1-5-TB-SSD-all-for-US-499.457490.0.html

Preposterous PlayStation 5 core specifications leaked: CPU @3.86 GHz, GPU with 56 CUs and 15.05 TFLOPS, 32 GB RAM, 1.5 TB SSD - all for US$499

*facepalm*
Source :

Pastebin (via NeoGAF)

And then @ultragpu wonders why there is suspicion of GAF mods creating fake insiders every week or two (which they already set precedent of btw).

I don't follow all this insider stuff, so this is from a varied GAF member?
Pretty out there leak to push.

No idea but, does forum traffic create financial benefits?
Never believe anything from a user account on a regular gaming forum. Go after leaks from ms, sony or amd, manufacturer.
Phil spencer just uploaded the soc.

So XSX is 10GB+6GB at different speeds; and no mention of an additional chunk of slow RAM for OS/Background. For a 12TF console and next-gen games...

Can't help but feel a little disappointed if that's the case, I can't see more than 12GB being available for games. =s

Id happily give up a Teraflop for bit more RAM. I think RAM is going to become a relative bottleneck in the latter years for this gen, at least with the launch consoles.

Edit: I guess that the per GB bandwidth is practically identical with the 10GB and 6GB pools; and given their size it should be relatively easy to manage. Plus it may help a little with contention.

Last edited:
So XSX is 10GB+6GB at different speeds; and no mention of an additional chunk of slow RAM for OS/Background. For a 12TF console and next-gen games...

Can't help but feel a little disappointed if that's the case, I can't see more than 12GB being available for games. =s

Id happily give up a Teraflop for bit more RAM. I think RAM is going to become a relative bottleneck in the latter years for this gen, at least with the launch consoles.

Edit: I guess that the per GB bandwidth is practically identical with the 10GB and 6GB pools; and given their size it should be relatively easy to manage. Plus it may help a little with contention.

WindowsCentral said 13 of 16GB is available for games.

Wasn´t the XSX GPU on Github a 56 CU GPU at 1675 Mhz unit?

According to Eurogamer, Microsoft revealed a 52 CU GPU at 1825 Mhz.

So github was not correct for this APU either!

Above poster was faster, but indeed disabled cu for yields, compensate with a somewhat higher clock.
The spec unveil only gives more credit to the testlab leaks, as XSX reaches 1825mhz on 52Cu's. A 2ghz+ 36cu is very likely imo.

Above poster was faster, but indeed disabled cu for yields, compensate with a somewhat higher clock.
The spec unveil only gives more credit to the testlab leaks, as XSX reaches 1825mhz on 52Cu's. A 2ghz+ 36cu is very likely imo.
It gives credit to Kleegamefan who already leaked Tflops count (above 12, said bingo for a ~12.1 number) and SSD speed: he said 2GB/s (real: 2.4).

"97 TOPS for 4-bit integer operations." Beat that Sony :runaway: Lol can't wait for the fanboy numbers game this gen. This was another good one "Series X can effectively tap the equivalent of well over 25 TFLOPs of performance while ray tracing." :runaway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back