Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Discussion in 'Console Industry' started by BRiT, Jun 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McHuj

Veteran Regular Subscriber

it seems to me that if MS has a 10 TF console, they messed up. That SOC is so big and with 52-56 CU
    I've wonder about that. With the die size of Arden being so big I wonder if they've kept the full CPU L3 cache. It would certainly be helpful for server workloads. They could potentially reuse parts that only have half a working GPU.

One way to reduce costs is to make sure you have a use for all the partial dies.

KirkSi, Silent_Buddha and Proelite like this.
  2. mpg1

Veteran Newcomer

Current xcloud blades are basically just a One S board in a server rack. Don't think developers target it at all.

3. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

The point is that the xcloud blades are faster not slower than the console. Developers don't need to optimize apart from UI which they haven't started to do yet.

But if Lockhart is less powerful than xsx then developers will have to optimize for it.
    The same way if it was a standard console.

4. Proelite

:?: o_O

That's news to me.

5. Proelite

I would think developers are going to optimize for a console that MS expects to be >50% of their sales.

6. Jay

Jay
    Veteran Regular

I thought the point being made was that Lockhart was for xcloud only not for a console also.

7. mpg1

Veteran Newcomer

It could be both.

I also have a (probably unlikely) theory that Microsoft has gotten it's dev tools and compatibility to a point where devs may not target Lockhart at all..and that it would just run a non-optimized scaled down version of the XSX game file.

#6207 mpg1, Jan 31, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  8. BRiT

BRiT Verified (╯°□°)╯
    Moderator Legend Alpha

I dont believe Lockhart is destined for xCloud or consumer consoles.

9. ToTTenTranz

Legend Veteran Subscriber

Fortunately, anyone can follow the links and read the actual posts to see who's full of what.

Back then I said Sony could enable 40 instead of the 36 CUs shown in your beloved Gospel. This was made out of the very reasonable assumption that if the referenced GPU had 36 active units then it probably had at least a total of 40 physical CUs given Neo and Orbis' GPUs.
    This made you self-implode because OMG you heretic it says FULL GPU in the almighty Gospel!

I plead guilty to the harsh accusations of stating the obvious.

No way! Did you really??
    We almost couldn't tell you've been repeating the Github Gospel every. single. day. several times a day, in this thread.

It's almost like if we were to, I don't know, check your recent post history we'd find that your account almost exclusively posts in this sub and specifically in this thread, always to preach about the ways of The Github Gospel and/or to almost obsessively discredit any source / rumour / leak that doesn't follow The Gospel's teachings.

Which is a shame because there's a thread that was created for jihads, crusades and indoctrination, so that this thread could continue it's original purpose, which is to entertain and casually discuss baseless rumours until we get official specs. You know, without constant accusations of "wet dreams", "being in denial", writing our own pastebins (that one was hilarious btw), and general insults or baits like saying "you're full of shit".

Make no mistake: afaik you're totally within your right to keep posting only in this thread, but you should check out other areas of the forum, that might be equally fun and interesting!

I did no such thing.

London-boy and Shortbread like this.
  10. ToTTenTranz

Hum.. I'd say wide and low clocked is what we've been seeing in consoles throughout the years, and what we would expect.
    Those 2GHz on the PS5's GPU are the exception, if it ever comes true.

Not that I think the SeriesX would have its GPU clocked below 1600MHz, which is what it would require to have a throughput lower than 11TF.

11. N2O

N2O
    Regular

Not sure what should discuss anymore when saying PS5 have 36CU/8TF/9TF mean it's a FUD to Sony.

Damn.

PSman1700 likes this.
  12. Proelite

Friendship end with BRiT, now ShiftyGeezer is now my best friend.

London-boy likes this.
  13. ToTTenTranz

I think Lockhart is at least being entertained as a consumer solution, due to a number of developers apparently complaining about its existence, but BRiT could be right and Lockhart is a semicustom solution for Azure.

London-boy likes this.
  14. dobwal

Legend Veteran

Hololens?

A number of non gaming apps on the Xbox are hololens compatible as listed in the store so I have been wondering if MS plans on reintroducing it as a bigger player in the Xbox ecosystem.

15. Barrabas

Newcomer

Why? during my 49 years I think I have not done anything wrong to someone that I have not rectified....I hope:-D

London-boy likes this.
  16. Shortbread

Shortbread Island Hopper
    Veteran

Which gaming cloud services was Microsoft repurposing the original Xbox One hardware for?

17. N2O

N2O
    Regular

I think you may think too much about XCloud, it's pretty clear that XCloud is not main focus for next gen yet, Phil already said Cloud gaming need years and years to become a thing.

18. Rangers

Legend

Day 768, no news...

Silenti likes this.
  19. Picao84

Veteran Regular

He says that Square Enix is doing FF8 and FF9 remakes. I REALLY doubt that, so I think he's fake.

20. Proelite

JSchreier already called him fake.

PSman1700 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.