Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I may ask may be stupid since I lack the technical knowledge, but.....are games using the storage drive as a scratch disk, and if yes how? If not what are the potential with a super fast storage medium like in the PS5?
Take everything you know about game graphics today. And just imagine more of it on the screen. Or being able to move through the areas at a very high velocity.
Some maybe a house normally has a couple things to make it look homely. Only a small fraction of it interact-able.

Then imagine the same house with 20-30x more stuff. All of it interact-able.

though it costs money to make so many different little items, doodads, stuff to make it feel more real; this is what I suspect most power will be used towards.

So, both Zhuge and Osiris are saying something along the line of PS5 will be revealed in Fortnite "two weeks", this is not mere coincidence I say. While the former is a Mod whose info most of the time comes true, now if the latter matches up to him then it would have big implication of other PS5 related things too
12.4 TF
. Also chronologically Osiris reported it first. I can feel some heavy shit is going down.

Take everything you know about game graphics today. And just imagine more of it on the screen. Or being able to move through the areas at a very high velocity.
Some maybe a house normally has a couple things to make it look homely. Only a small fraction of it interact-able.

Then imagine the same house with 20-30x more stuff. All of it interact-able.

though it costs money to make so many different little items, doodads, stuff to make it feel more real; this is what I suspect most power will be used towards.
We discover that Drake is a hoarder in the box buster hit, Uncharted Chores Simulator.

/me chuckles...
tenor.gif

So, both Zhuge and Osiris are saying something along the line of PS5 will be revealed in Fortnite "two weeks", this is not mere coincidence I say. While the former is a Mod whose info most of the time comes true, now if the latter matches up to him then it would have big implication of other PS5 related things too
12.4 TF
. Also chronologically Osiris reported it first. I can feel some heavy shit is going down.

I wonder if it means invitations were received?

Lines up with a February 5 event.

They were most likely sent by now if everything converge to the 5th, those two are a lot more than just your usual pastebin trolls.

12.4 TF
I thought the February 5 date first came from the supposed 4chan(?) leak that also said that Playstation was going back to E3 this year?
So hard to keep track...

Not sure I'm buying this as more than a joke from Zhuge but, how do you reveal things "in" fortnight? Like does it play a video or something?

If so it's likely we'd get nothing of significant info on tech specs at all. Which more and more I'm becoming convinced of. We could instead get the reveal of the form factor.

I dunno, fortnight doesn't seem to quite be the hot commodity it used to, though still popular, and also skews to a very young demographic.

Could these so called insiders be anymore vague? Good Lord.

Edit: his talking about Fortnite the game not fortnight as in two weeks @ultragpu or is that part of the vagueness?

Could these so called insiders be anymore vague? Good Lord.

Edit: his talking about Fortnite the game not fortnight as in two weeks @ultragpu or is that part of the vagueness?

Might just be vague nonsense but didn't one of the latest Star Wars trailer premier on a screen in Fortnite.

Do t think Sony will do that, but Fortnite might well be one of the biggest venues you could use to broadcast to a gaming audience.

It's going to be a generation of innovative software features for Microsoft according to Tom Warren (MS insider).

Just posted this in the tech thread but since you highlighted Tom Warrens tweet i'll put it here too;

This Microsoft patent posted to era by JackAL(which i haven't seen before and don't think has been spread around much judging from google searches) seems to line up with a lot of what the Xbox team has been saying about using SSD as ram, investing in I/O and also with memory paging magic like Tom is describing it: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190042410A1

Last edited:
I'm not 100% sold on this Fortnight thing either, I think my mind is just seeing what I want it to see. Oh well it is what it is.

Might just be vague nonsense but didn't one of the latest Star Wars trailer premier on a screen in Fortnite.

Do t think Sony will do that, but Fortnite might well be one of the biggest venues you could use to broadcast to a gaming audience.
It's a very limited venue in real terms. You reach a subset of the public, who happen to be playing at that time, versus the entire internet who can tune in at a moment's notice on any device, and who can catch-up any time during the rest of the day.

12.4 TF
Are they really want PS5 selling for $500+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back