Baseless Next Generation Rumors with no Technical Merits [post E3 2019, pre GDC 2020] [XBSX, PS5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this has been put down before that BC mode can enable 18/36 CU's even if you have a higher number of CU's, no?

That's how Microsoft has done it on Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X, but no telling if Sony will take this approach.

Sony has 2 modes on 4Pro for Ps4 Compatibility: exact CUs and speeds for PS4, and exact CUs and slightly faster speed (PS4 Boost Mode).

Rumor: PS5 has 2 BC modes for PS4 and 4Pro: exact CUs and speeds for PS4, and exact CUs and speed for 4Pro.

I have the bad feeling that Sony is going the weak route again , the fact that they are complete silent after Microsoft anounce the Xbox x Series and the 12 Tflop hypetrain , that says all. I mean for better publicity Cerny had enough time to clarify it and speaking to the public and confirm also 12 Tflop or say Ps5 is more powerful , but nothing to say is strange , and this has nothing to do that Cerny and Sony are more smarter then Microsoft.

In this Article https://gamersplatform.de/2019/10/10/ps5-sony-setzt-eher-auf-gameplay-neuerungen-als-auf-grafik/ Shuhei Yoshida says that Gameplay is more important than Graphic/Power , and that the performance increase between Ps4 and Ps5 is not so big. This is a typical PR speech trick , like Nintendo , when Companys are unable to bring a powerful System to the market , they focusing on other things like" Gamplay is more important " or focusing on childish Controller gimmicks.

Shuhei say the same in 2013/2014 when Ps4 came to the market he says " Its not about Hardware its about Services" but this is not proofen by the History , because you cannot sell a new Console in point only of an Onlineservice , because its a standard Feature of each third class smartphone, and good gameplay you have already on a SNES or N64. For good Gameplay you dont need a Ps5. The "Gameplay is more important than Graphicpower" Statement is for me a Proof that they are going the weak Route again.

I'll believe all of the specs when I see something more substantial than twitter posts. To be honest, if the consoles are within 2-3 TFlops of each other, I think the differences on screen will be negligible. I'm much more interested in audio solutions. Hellblade is the only game that did anything interesting with audio last gen. It was a massive part of the experience. In every other game audio was basically just the same as what we've always had with better source sounds. Modern Warfare sounds great, but it's still far from a realistic audio experience. So far Sony is the only one that's really talked audio, and it sounds like it's heading in the right direction. I'm very interested in learning more about it.

There's a lot of patents from Cerny about BC aiming to fix any corner cases of compatibility issues. Including deadline timers for instruction sequences, changing any caches sizes, cache algorithms, changing data paths width, different clocks, instruction translations, etc... If this ever ends up in the SoC, it looks like the hardware will have a rather polymorphic architecture.

I have the bad feeling that Sony is going the weak route again , the fact that they are complete silent after Microsoft anounce the Xbox x Series and the 12 Tflop hypetrain , that says all. I mean for better publicity Cerny had enough time to clarify it and speaking to the public and confirm also 12 Tflop or say Ps5 is more powerful , but nothing to say is strange , and this has nothing to do that Cerny and Sony are more smarter then Microsoft.

Shuhei say the same in 2013/2014 when Ps4 came to the market he says " Its not about Hardware its about Services"
So last time they said its not about hardware, and came out with the more powerful hardware is your proof of them going "weak" again? Isn't that disproving your point.
PS4 is weak even though it was stronger than XO?
1. They have their own PR timetable and be stupid to undermine it for fan boys on a few threads.
2. They aren't exactly the most vocal and fan interactive company, their very quite.
3. It's not hurting them at all, it's not like they won't be talking about it before it's release.
No, I'm saying 36 enabled CUs could be the backwards compatibility mode to PS4 Pro. Nowhere do I suggest there are 72 total CUs, nor that all CUs enabled could clock at 2GHz.
OK, understand what you meant there now.
Makes sense, I not sure they would up frequency in BC mode though. But that's just based on gut.

Thinking critically on the topic; Klee is not the problem. The issue is the vetting process which we don’t have here. Because he is “vetted” ie: not banned; then his words are suddenly super credible. We don’t have a vetting process here; so it would never fly. Peoples claims would be proven with Information over time, or not.

This is not the problem. Klee isn't a verified industry insider; quoting ZhugeEX from resertera: "Just a quick note to say that we were able to verify the poster [Klee] above as someone who worked in the industry and would be able to access certain levels of information. That being said, it's near impossible to verify whether the above description [specifications] is true or not, so please keep in mind that we can't verify whether all the information in each post is correct, just the details i posted above."

People in Resetera believe in the vetting process so much without even knowing under what circumstances or requirements are needed for vetting. And the mods there at resetera aren’t journalists with tons of other own contacts; so how are they corroborating his evidence? They aren’t the ones that need to protect their contacts; so how is information really being properly vetted ?

You know ZhugeEX is a senior analyst at Niko Partners right? Don't be so quick to throw stones, plenty of posters here are ready to believe what is being posted on resetera or days-old Twitter accounts because it suits their preferred narrative.

There is plenty of discussion in this "baseless" thread that is way more batshit crazy than anything being posted on resetera. People need to get a grip. :yep2: There are credibly-sourced statements made about the nextgen consoles, I'm looking in the direction of Kotaku's Jason Schreier - somebody with a solid track record of having access to insiders who do know what they're talking about. But if people want to believe crazy nonsense, sure, folks can do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor: PS5 has 2 BC modes for PS4 and 4Pro: exact CUs and speeds for PS4, and exact CUs and speed for 4Pro.

Always said... And also a ps4-pro turbo (double rate) mode IMHO....

PS5=9TF
Xsx=12.6TF

Gotcha.

Jk!
Ps5... 10.2 TF [emoji6], 16 gb
Probably no RT hw...
350 dollars....

In this Article https://gamersplatform.de/2019/10/10/ps5-sony-setzt-eher-auf-gameplay-neuerungen-als-auf-grafik/ Shuhei Yoshida says that Gameplay is more important than Graphic/Power , and that the performance increase between Ps4 and Ps5 is not so big. This is a typical PR speech trick , like Nintendo , when Companys are unable to bring a powerful System to the market , they focusing on other things like" Gamplay is more important " or focusing on childish Controller gimmicks.

Shuhei say the same in 2013/2014 when Ps4 came to the market he says " Its not about Hardware its about Services".

They cannot forget the 100 millions PS4 perfectly working already installed in people's homes.... so IMHO ps5 will be (mostly) a quick loading double rate ps4-pro, ... a ps-4-pro-pro .... this time is Microsoft on the edge (also expensive)..

Last edited by a moderator:
Shuhei say the same in 2013/2014 when Ps4 came to the market he says " Its not about Hardware its about Services" but this is not proofen by the History , because you cannot sell a new Console in point only of an Onlineservice , because its a standard Feature of each third class smartphone, and good gameplay you have already on a SNES or N64. For good Gameplay you dont need a Ps5. The "Gameplay is more important than Graphicpower" Statement is for me a Proof that they are going the weak Route again.
Your logic is all kinds of fail. You cite an example of Sony saying 'power isn't important' and then releasing the most powerful console, which bursts your first argument. Then you say graphicspower is important because gameplay and 'childish controller gimmicks' don't attract customers, when we have Nintendo who sell on gameplay and childish controller gimmicks way better than MS sells with more graphicspower. We also have a long history of console machines where frequently (debatably between 28% and 43%) the most powerful console hasn't been the best seller.

Recap of arguments here.

PS5 may or may not be the most powerful console based on the vague info we have. Sony's current PR neither proves nor disproves that. In the event it isn't, it doesn't have to be in order to be the best selling console/most profitable console. If it provides enough of an advance to satisfy generational improvements in gaming (gameplay like Fortnight isn't possible on a SNES...) at a price people will pay, it'll sell.

Last edited:
Don't be so quick to throw stones, plenty of posters here are ready to believe what is being posted on resetera or days-old Twitter accounts because it suits their preferred narrative.

Outside of the typical console warriors nonsense, its usually around this time (next-gen consoles) when you get actual trolls pandering disinformation just to get a rise out of folks.

The rumor mentions 3 speeds: 800MHz PS4, 911MHz PS4 Pro and 2GHz. There's no reason to believe the 2GHz can't be another boost mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back