BAD fantasy names...

Guden Oden said:
Heh, I LOOOOVED the dragonlance books when I was a teen. :) The first volume, Dragons of Autumn Twilight, is really quite unsophisticated and is noticeably moulded after gameplay sessions of playing the roleplaying campaign the novels are based on. There's even one section in the book where they spend time in a dungeon searching for hidden doors... :D The second and third novels however are much more standalone, and the twins trilogy that came afterwards are completely original.
Well, bear in mind that that original Dragonlance trilogy was published as a means to introduce the game world. The way I understand it, Tracy Hickman basically created the game world, and then he and Margaret Weis were tasked with making an interesting novel whose primary purpose is not to be an interesting novel, but to show the setting and characters of Dragonlance to players. Personally, I think they did a fantastic job with it, though you can see the "gaminess" creeping in from time to time.

But yeah, the twins trilogy that came after was fantastic. And War of Souls is also pretty good, but I have a hard time really liking it because it's so disturbing...

Ehm, little Aryan Justice's got a pig nose. How embarrassing, from an eugenics standpoint! :LOL:

This clearly belongs in the WTF category...

Back