backlit keyboard

Don't get a backlit that doesn't have cut keys that let the light shine through.

I've been looking at them lately actually and I'm really thinking of trying one of the Eclipse keyboards.

Only thing is I'm not sure if it'll fit in my keyboard tray, it's a bit wider than usual...but I've heard good things about the Eclipse and wanted to give it a try. :)

I got the Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard. I love it and I definitely love the feel. I dont think they have cut keys that let the light shine though though....

And you are right digi...I just turned the lights off and voila lol cant believe I had that keyboard and didnt realize that lol.

And you are right digi...I just turned the lights off and voila lol cant believe I had that keyboard and didnt realize that lol.
You know you can change the colours too, right? ;)

I've really been thinking about picking up the original one to check it out, I heard great things about it and I've found a blue one for $35 shipped before. :)

It really annoys me that the OLED screens on the Optimus aren't flush near the edges :/ It could be $10 and I wouldn't buy because of that.

But the LUXEED keyboard however is awesome link

Who the heck needs cut keys when you can just get one of these?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/9836/

Oh, this gets my vote!

That thing was in talks FOREVER. They finally released it? The fact of the matter is, IIRC, you could upgrade your entire rig for what they were asking for it.

Anyone have any feedback on Microsoft's "Reclusa" keyboard? How about Razer's "Tarantula?"

Last edited by a moderator:
You know you can change the colours too, right? ;)

I've really been thinking about picking up the original one to check it out, I heard great things about it and I've found a blue one for $35 shipped before. :)

I have the original one in a box pretty much unused in my closet. I used it probably once and then I went and got the newer one cuz I wanted to try the new one out. They are both really awesome keyboards!

You live in the US Sury? I'll buy your old one off ya...

I actually heard those Optimas suck to type on, which totally destroys me wanting it. :(

FWIW, I bought the Saitek blue eclipse keyboard.

The keyboard action is slightly mushy (at least compared to the dell keyboards I'm used to using)

The backlight feature is pretty kool. There's a button that makes it go from bright, to dim, to off.

The keys are basically translucent, with a gray paint over them except for the letter/number.

Overall, it seems worth the $40 if you're looking for a keyboard to use in the dark, but we'll see how it holds up.

Furtively trying to hack bararckobama.com in the wee hours without disturbing the family, Russ? :p:cool::LOL:

I just found myself lately with my office dark and my keyboard is in a tray below the desk, making even the light from the LCD unavailable.

Its usually not a problem, except when I'm typing my password (which has some keys I usually don't touch type), so everytime I check my email, etc. I find myself pulling my keyboard out and squinting against the light of the LCD to make sure I'm typing the right thing.

The backlit keyboard solves that, and all is happy.

Back