Awesome looking XNA game "Dust"

Saw this a while back and yeah it looks really good. Looking forward to trying this one out. Are XBLA games made using XNA or just community games?

I believe that if an XNA game is good and detected by Microsoft before it goes live on Indie Games, it can get an XBLA publishing contract (much like The Dishwasher, basically). XNA should be able to do this though right? It's mostly just really good art and animation, but it's like that really beautiful Japanese PS2 2D game on a technical level, isn't it?

Im not a fan of beatemups so not for me but love the cartoon artwork, though something wrong with the guy walking, only one of his legs actually moves!
This looks like a true 2d game + not 3d with 2dish cartoon like shaders, so hats off to whoever created all the animations/art.

It's mostly just really good art and animation, but it's like that really beautiful Japanese PS2 2D game on a technical level, isn't it?
It's very much in the style of a 16 bit title, a Neo-Geo game or somesuch. All the effort goes into the artistic assets. Is the game the work of one person or a small group?

Wow, that's just awesomely impressive. Less than 7 months dev time apparently so far. And it looks quite polished already.

I really need to buy some points at some point and get some XNA and XBLA games, but I haven't even touch my console or actually any games period for a while. /sigh.

Hopefully this jumpstarts more quality high def. 2D games. And I'd imagine an Indie dev could get a lot more done, alot faster if they didn't have to work with 3D art assets.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully this jumpstarts more quality high def. 2D games. And I'd imagine an Indie dev could get a lot more done, alot faster if they didn't have to work with 3D art assets.
Yes, you can target simpler game styles to allow for lower workload. But this is still an amazing achievement! One thing I don't understand from skimming through that interview is how this guy pays the bills? He's been 7 years making a film and took time out to make a game. A bit of Googling shows he worked on Jazz Jackrabbit, and that seems to be it!

Saw this a while back and yeah it looks really good. Looking forward to trying this one out. Are XBLA games made using XNA or just community games?

Yes, XBLA games can be made with the XNA framework & XNA Game Studio Express. The following titles have been made with XNA tools:.

Blazing Birds
The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
Schizoid
Rocket Riot

Tommy McClain

this is probably the most beautiful game I have ever seen.

Unbelievable work considering thats just one guy

The animation is supersmooth!

I want it

Back