Audigy 2 ZS or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
I've got a bday coming up and was thinking about getting and Audigy2 ZS. Right now I have an Audigy1 that I don't use (using on-board sound of my K8N Neo2-P) but would love to have something with a bit of 3D sound capability.

Is there anything better on the horizon?
I hate Creative...

Thanks.

Well, 3dsoundsurge tested the Audigy4 recently and gave it very good marks from what I can tell. The 2ZS is practically the same thing tho, the analog components and DAC/ADCaren't quite as good, but the rest is just about the same thing.

I'm quite satisfied with my 2ZS btw, no bugs really (other than the THX panel refuses to remember my center speaker is above monitor and not below, not that I really expect it to make one damn bit of difference). Great sound, great soundcard IMO. Nuttin better out there for MIDI eiher.

Supposedly Creative is coming out with a completely new product line later this year. I rather...

Besides I really don't understand why would anyone consider Creative only. The only thing you'll get is 1-2 extra fps for the trade-off of several really cool feature, quality etc. Not to mention their drivers were horrible always. (Dunno most recently, say last year, though.)

T2k said:
Supposedly Creative is coming out with a completely new product line later this year. I rather...

Besides I really don't understand why would anyone consider Creative only. The only thing you'll get is 1-2 extra fps for the trade-off of several really cool feature, quality etc. Not to mention their drivers were horrible always. (Dunno most recently, say last year, though.)

So what else has good 3D sound?

I have an Audigy 2ZS. I dislike Creative (I miss my MX400 A3D 2.0!), but for *games* the A2 ZS is the best thing going right now. Other cards have better quality for music and such, but for games and spacial effects Creative has the corner (and then some) of the market.

T2k said:
Supposedly Creative is coming out with a completely new product line later this year.

Supposedly it'll be PCIe too, but perhaps it'll be dual standard a la ATi's new TV tuner thingy, who knows.

Fuck you, trollboy.
Then name a better consumer MIDI soundcard if you can. All you do is threadcrap and sprinkle LOL emoticons without adding anything useful.
Fuck you.

Guden Oden said:
T2k said:
Supposedly Creative is coming out with a completely new product line later this year.

Supposedly it'll be PCIe too, but perhaps it'll be dual standard a la ATi's new TV tuner thingy, who knows.

Fuck you, trollboy.
Then name a better consumer MIDI soundcard if you can. All you do is threadcrap and sprinkle LOL emoticons without adding anything useful.
Fuck you.

I called a mod. Keep this style within your family.

ZoinKs! said:
T2k said:
I called a mod. Keep this style within your family.
Decided to turn yourself in, eh? :LOL:

;)

Rather just don't want to bother myselfto react such a retarded redneck.

Being clueless is onething - checkthat MIDI-related comment! That's this year first real ROFL-category BS - but this reply is fully without prior reason... well, it'd be better if he would save this to Mom&Pop...

We're still waiting for you to roll out your wisdom upon our limited selves as to which sound card in the price area of a A2 ZS has anything remotely as good, as popular, or has as large of a user community as the EMU soundfont, chief.

T2k is like The Informer.

We all have disagreements on various matters (all of them usually petty stuff). Regardless of what and how Guden Oden feels/thinks about T2k's posts (or of T2k himself), Guden's last post is the reason I'm locking this thread. Anyone that posts such offensive language repeatedly will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back