ATI's R420 at GDC?

mreman4k

Newcomer
Markham, Ontario – Demonstrating its continued commitment to the development community, ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) announces a full lineup of activities for the upcoming Game Developers Conference, being held in San Jose, CA, March 22-26. ATI’s booth (Booth #827) will showcase the latest in graphics technology and will feature a wide cross-section of industry leaders from hardware, software and development. Daily technical sessions will be held throughout the week, on subjects ranging from OpenGL® Shading Language, shader effects and engine development, and will be presented by ATI engineers and developers.

This year’s event will be an opportunity for developers to experience the latest in ATI development tools, conceived to bring artists and programmers closer together during the design process. ATI and its partners will be demonstrating a wide range of solutions covering all aspects of the production pipeline, providing developers with the best tools to create the groundbreaking games that enthusiasts expect.

Here is the press release right here. You think this when the R420 will be announced?? :?: :)

mreman4k said:
Markham, Ontario – Demonstrating its continued commitment to the development community, ATI Technologies Inc. (TSX: ATY, NASDAQ: ATYT) announces a full lineup of activities for the upcoming Game Developers Conference, being held in San Jose, CA, March 22-26. ATI’s booth (Booth #827) will showcase the latest in graphics technology and will feature a wide cross-section of industry leaders from hardware, software and development. Daily technical sessions will be held throughout the week, on subjects ranging from OpenGL® Shading Language, shader effects and engine development, and will be presented by ATI engineers and developers.

This year’s event will be an opportunity for developers to experience the latest in ATI development tools, conceived to bring artists and programmers closer together during the design process. ATI and its partners will be demonstrating a wide range of solutions covering all aspects of the production pipeline, providing developers with the best tools to create the groundbreaking games that enthusiasts expect.

Here is the press release right here. You think this when the R420 will be announced?? :?: :)

Yup. 8)

digitalwanderer said:
mreman4k said:

Yup. 8)

:LOL: 8) wooohooo

I would think it's a little early to be showcasing xbox2. R420 is much more likely, especially considering nVidia's NV4X/April 13th announcement.
Anyway, even if they were showing xbox2 tech, it doesn't mean they aren't gonna announce R420 aswell 8)

Wouldn't have thought that was likely either. I imagine Microsoft would like to keep official specs quiet for now. Also, it would give away some of R500's architectural details (assuming of course that it actually is based on R500)

oddfellow said:
Wouldn't have thought that was likely either. I imagine Microsoft would like to keep official specs quiet for now. Also, it would give away some of R500's architectural details (assuming of course that it actually is based on R500)

Well I don't know, I'm just guessing. :oops:

I don't think the "X" has anything to do with the Xbox2.

I'm thinking roman numerals here. X=10 as in the Radeon 10xxx.

But I guess we'll find out in a few days or so. :?:

Either they drop the Radeon name entirely or add a suffix to the name itself so as to justify a new numbering system and avoid adding another digit. AMD's doing it with their CPUs (though for different reasons), so perhaps ATI can do the same.

I have this feeling that we're not going to see R420 next week. This is based on umh.. nothing. Dave Baumann said earlier, that it's expected that Ati is releasing R420 after the NV40. And Dave also hinted that we're going to see something XBox-related next week, not the R420.

Radeon Xxxx has my vote. Using "X" I think would be fitting to promote a better relationship with Microsofty, promote the new Xbox and even XP. Hmmm, I might build me a X machine after all ;).

Miksu said:
I have this feeling that we're not going to see R420 next week. This is based on umh.. nothing. Dave Baumann said earlier, that it's expected that Ati is releasing R420 after the NV40. And Dave also hinted that we're going to see something XBox-related next week, not the R420.

Yeah, but what does Dave know. :rolleyes:

I'M JOKING!!!! ;) :LOL:

Back