Ark: The Dinosaur Game we have been waiting for?

I'm going to semi-quote a comedian from my country.

Deals with nVidia and Gameworks are like peeing in your pants during Winter.
At first it feels great because you're relieved, warm and fuzzy.
But then it sucks because the pee gets cold, your legs start itching, everyone around will notice because of the smell and the stain in your pants, and well... you peed in your pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to semi-quote a comedian from my country.

Deals with nVidia and Gameworks are like peeing in your pants during Winter.
At first it feels great because you're relieved, warm and fuzzy.
But then it sucks because the pee gets cold, your legs start itching, everyone around will notice because of the smell and the stain in your pants, and well... you peed in your pants.
heh, still maybe we will be able to finally see some dinosaurs with their proper feathers instead of the wrong flat skin and scales.

heh, still maybe we will be able to finally see some dinosaurs with their proper feathers instead of the wrong flat skin and scales.

Only if you own a $1000 Titan X.
Let's not forget this is Hairworks we're talking about. Lots of sub-pixel sized triangles are expected, for super-duper-useless geometry detail.

Fuck that. I like my Dinosaurs historically inaccurate and scaly. I'm constantly being told just how racist, sexist and all out wrong the pleasures of my youth have been, but putting feathers on my dinosaurs is really crossing the line:devilish:.
You had a childhood filled with lies. : )

Last edited:
Fortunately apparently feathers were mostly for the carni- and omnivores apparently, not the huge herbivores ;)

So... The T-Rex had... feathers????? I can't help but visualise a huge T-Rex in drag now.

enhanced-buzz-15888-1389643111-0.jpg

Last edited:
So this game supports VR. It also seems to feature bow and arrow and spears as weapons. Is it just me, or would that be utterly amazing with the new Rift Touch controllers? Assuming both controllers are accurately mapped in the game, using the bow and arrow or throwing spears would be pretty real to life experience... except you're aiming at life size dinosaurs!

Back